are men really like this?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by morning rush, Sep 29, 2010.

1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I've joined this dating site, and this guy sent me a message and we talked back and forth for a day or two and then we exchanged msn...his msn is always on busy but we chat about 5 mins, then he says he's tired and so we say good bye...I go on the dating site and he's there...

then the next day I send him an email but it goes unresponded for two days so I think he blew me off but his msn is still on busy...so I get the courrage to confront him on msn, he says he didn't know he had a message and then says he got it...we chat another five min, then he has to go, so we say good bye...I go on the site he's online there...

today we did have a long talk...the talk was about what he liked sexually and stuff but it was fun, not really dirty...he leaves for his meeting...this time he's not on the site...so later on in the afternoon, I talk with him but his responses are really slow...and then he says brb (be right back) so I wait (like a stupid idiot) then the msn goes offline...so I'm like okay....it stays like for a long time (is still like that) and so I go on the dating site, and he's on....

what the fuck? and he was all like how cute I was wanting a relationships but now I'm more confused and my friend said all men are like that...is that true?

'cause if it is, then I'm out of the dating game...I'm too fucking old to chase after people...you're either in or you're out, not both...

2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Well, if a conversation I'm having with someone isn't going too well I might go back to looking for other people to talk to. Perhaps he's just not feeling it - are you feeling it when you MSN?

Then of course he could just be a prick. :) Not all guys are pricks.

3. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Not all men are like that you just come across a lot of shallow ones who want to get into everyone on dating sites.
    Actually, I've found guys like that all over the internet but that doesn't mean there aren't decent ones out there.
    Sounds like the one you've met is just looking for a bit of fun.

4. morning rush

yes when we talk we definitely connect, and its not just me talking, he talks too but he's talking alot about the stuff he likes sexually....that's why I don't get it...he'll say I'm cute, he says things like we cuddle, honey sweetheart etc...I don't at first he was saying that he wasn't looking just for a fling and that he's not all about sex, but the way he's acting it sounds the exact opposite...sigh...

I specifically go on a special dating site for plus size women and I still get guys like that...and when my friend said they are all like that, that just made me cry...

5. SCUK2009

SCUK2009 Well-Known Member

Sounds like a tosser you're better off without him.

6. SCUK2009

Would it be possible for you to PM me the site?

7. plates

plates Well-Known Member

Yeah.

8. SCUK2009

Did my post come across a bit moody? I'm a bit worried now, lol.

9. plates

plates Well-Known Member

No, it was accurate and to the point.

10. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Okay, yeah, he's probably looking to have sex with a bunch of different women. Some men (players) do that all the time, most guys do try at some point in their lives (usually with little success). He sounds a bit on the dishonest side, that's not usually the case.

11. SCUK2009

Ok, thanks ;)

12. boo

boo Well-Known Member

You shouldn't put every men in the same basket, especially because women can play that game also. Depends on how you feel about things, but lets say he was more direct and honest and told you you're not his type? Then you might be making a thread about men being jerks anyway.
    Dating sites are a dangerous place to be in especially when you are vulnerable and fragile. No one owe anyone anything on such site. Don't be surprise if people judge by the cover.

But yes, what happened to you sucked. No question. Just don't take it too personally.

13. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

I don't understand why people can't just be honest and upfront. All these stupid bloody games that are so unnecessary.

Thank god i am not actively persuing a relationship. I think i'd go mad.

14. mulberrypie

mulberrypie Well-Known Member

OP, could it be that he really likes you, he's just keeping his options open? i mean you guys JUST met on an online dating site, it's not that serious yet. I understand you don't like games, who does, but there's no need to rush right? it's only been a few days, ease off for a while and let him get back to you. i think this guy has potential, you just need to get to know him better. hope that helps

15. boo

boo Well-Known Member

But Becca, games are part of the dating site scenes.

16. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

lets be honest, the internet is alive with arseholes...of both sexes.
    This sounds like one of them, give him the heave ho and look for someone who actually wants a relationship and not just a quick bit of cyber sex.

17. mulberrypie

mulberrypie Well-Known Member

i guess i'm the only one that's optimistic about this :(

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2010
  18. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Apparently it's like that in real life though. I wouldn't know because i don't have a life :laugh:

19. plates

plates Well-Known Member

Yeah.

Seems like I've got nothing to say at this moment but 'Yeah.' :laugh: I feel the same way.

lemoncookie I don't think he's that interested. If he was really interested, the MSN conversations would be long and about other things than sex- and she'd be able to tell genuine interest in her life.

20. morning rush

you don't know me very well...I prefer honesty and directness...he doesn't like me, that's fine...at least I don't invest myself in the connection for nothing...I wouldn't say men are jerks just because ONE guy turned me down...there are some guys I pm there that simply never responded so...that's how life goes...but don't pretend to be interested when you're not...if someone is dishonest right in the beginning than I can't even imagine what its going to be later on...

I've tossed him anyways...I've deleted him from msn and from my site friends so...hopefully I will get someone serious this time...

I guess now I know what I DONT WANT eh :) thanks for replying guys...I was just distraut when my friend said to get used to that because men were all like that...I'm relieved to know she's wrong....at least I really hope so...