Ideas & Opinions Are Pets BETTER than human companions?

A cute thing: My male cat has this thing where, ever since he was a kitten, he would make these grumpy noises if he doesn't feel cuddly and we start petting or hugging him. Not growling but sort of low-pitched grunts and mutters.

Whereas if he's in the mood to receive affection, he starts to purr.

seabird

meandering home
SF Supporter
A cute thing: My male cat has this thing where, ever since he was a kitten, he would make these grumpy noises if he doesn't feel cuddly and we start petting or hugging him. Not growling but sort of low-pitched grunts and mutters.

Whereas if he's in the mood to receive affection, he starts to purr.
That is very cute. It would make me chuckle.
My male cat, when not in a cuddly mood, bites me gently, hops down and trots away.

uri

I think animals are far better than most humans on the planet will ever be.

Most humans are selfish and narcissistic while animals are completely innocent and good.

Humans do bad things to each other while animals are always good and wil always be your friend.

This is why I think animals are clearly superior to humans.

Ziggy

Antiquitie's Friend
My cat was selfish but she was honest (I'll love you as long as you feed me and am nice to me!). I don't mind selfishness, everyone should take care of themselves, it's humans capacity to lie and deceive that separate us from the other animals.

Winslow

My Toughest Problem Has Been Solved.
SF Supporter
Do any of you own a Snake as a pet? In the following news report, the snake is pretty big, so you might hesitate. The news report comes from Indonesia.
A woman known as Jahrah, 54, who worked at a rubber plantation on the island of Sumatra in Indonesia, lost her life at work on October 23 after being swallowed by a 22-ft-long python, the newspaper The Guardian reported. Her husband reported her missing when she didn't return home from work; while searching for her, he found her sandals, her scarf, jacket and tools. Authorities caught a python that had been spotted nearby and found Jahrah's body in the snake's stomach, the local police chief said.

Winslow

SF Supporter
I love my cats sooooo much. Maybe too much. I think I have so much loneliness and depression inside that humans can never fix. Whereas when I put my face in my kitties' fur and feel their warmth and hear them purr, it just heals something in my heart. I love my husband and I'm grateful for my human friends but sometimes my pain is beyond talking and I just need my cats.

I think humans would be much more cuddly if we had fur.
How to communicate with your cat by blinking very slowly: https://www.sciencealert.com/scient...unicate-with-your-cat-by-blinking-very-slowly

Winslow

SF Supporter
Farmer Richard Nicholson of Cannon Hall Farm in Barnsley, England wondered why his sheep were gradually turning pink, the BBC reported.
He eventually realized the ewes were rubbing against a new, red feeder, and the color was bleeding onto them.
"Visitors to the farm certainly do a double take when walking past," Nicholson said. "They're starting to look like a bunch of old ladies who've had the same hairdo."
His sheep gets sheared only twice a year, so they'll be "pink ladies" for a while.

Winslow

SF Supporter
This unusual news report about a domesticated gibbon (monkey) comes from a Zoo in Nagasaki, Japan.
Momo the gibbon, who lives at the Kujukushima Zoo and Botanical Garden Mori Kiara in Nagasaki Prefecture, Japan, delivered a baby which surprised zookeepers, since Momo lived in her own enclosure with No males around. She was very protective of the baby, United Press International reported, so it wasn't until 2 years later that handlers were able to collect DNA from the youngster to determine who the father was.
As it turns out, a 34-year-old agile gibbon, Itou, was the baby's daddy. Zookeepers found that a partition between Momo's exhibit and Itou's off-display area had a perforated board with holes a few millimeters in diameter, and they believe the two were able to mate through one of those holes. The perforated board was replaced with a steel plate but Momo and Itou will be introduced properly to each other so that they may live as a family.

Winslow

SF Supporter
In Katwe, Uganda, a 2-year-old boy was playing near a lake when a hippo “grabbed the boy from his head and swallowed half his body.” Bystander Chris Bagonza witnessed the event and started chucking rocks at the hippo, which caused it to spit the toddler out. As the beast lumbered away, onlookers rushed the child to a hospital where he was treated for injuries sustained in the attack. Police warned residents in the area to be on the lookout for the hippo, as they can become aggressive when they feel threatened.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Every continent has wildlife that are or can be dangerous. Africa has such a varied number of predators and non predators that by nature, temperament, size or strength people must be cautious.

Winslow

SF Supporter
Every continent has wildlife that are or can be dangerous. Africa has such a varied number of predators and non predators that by nature, temperament, size or strength people must be cautious.
It's just that I had always thought that hippos were gentle like, say, rabbits. But even hippos can become aggressive under certain circumstances.

Winslow

SF Supporter
In Coventry, England, someone dubbed the Cat Shaver is catching cats and shaving a square into their fur, Metro News reported. Not just a small patch either: 6-year-old Tallulah had a large bald spot on their stomach that owner Bonnie Towe noticed when her daughter picked the cat up.
"Did someone take her and bring her back? Or did they do it in a car?"Towe wondered. "We noticed she wasn't going out quite as much. She mostly sits at home and looks out the window."
Other victims' owners have discovered one another on Facebook, speculating the cats are being marked as targets. But no other harm has come to any of them.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00