Are the friends you make on SF...Expendable?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by boo, Jun 18, 2010.

?

Are the friends you make on SF...Expendable?

1. Yes they are.

16 vote(s)
    18.6%
  2. No they are not.

26 vote(s)
    30.2%
  3. I don't really have friends on SF.

19 vote(s)
    22.1%
  4. I don't make friend online.

5 vote(s)
    5.8%
  5. I would trade my left kidney for them.

20 vote(s)
    23.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Well this is no news, that many people leave the site after getting better.
    I find it sad that sometimes they just leave with a simple goodbye. Like a cheap one night stand... (now now... i didnt say that in a derogatory way...)
    I've lost my fair share of friends since i joined.

So are the friends you make on SF...Expendable? What are your experience on that subject?

2. Prof.Bruttenholm

Prof.Bruttenholm Well-Known Member

Yes, friends are expendable

3. MadeOfGlass

MadeOfGlass Well-Known Member

I love my friends on here, I don't know what I would do without them, and even if I do get better, I'm not leaving them. They're stuck with me now! :lol!:

4. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

I only have one or two people I talk to occasionally on this site, and I'm unsure as to whether to go as far as calling them proper 'friends' as I'm not very confident that I even know what a proper friend is. They don't make a huge impact on my life and I rarely talk about how I feel with them when we do talk, so to me they are, regretfully, expendable.

5. Prof.Bruttenholm

Don't regret it.

People on here aren't really friends.

Just a collection of sad people trying to see if the other has the answer to their problems.

6. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

No, they're not. *prepares to trade my kidney* I can live with just one!

7. Nox Immortalis

Nox Immortalis Well-Known Member

I'm better now and don't get on much anymore but y'all are still my friends! XDDD luv yall

8. boo

boo Well-Known Member

This is part true. But to assume that's the case for everyone then you are mistaken.

9. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Ill give you my right one but not my left one

10. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

DITTO!......

I care about people on here and know what you mean Boo....:hugtackles:

:popcorn:

11. Prof.Bruttenholm

Hardly.

It's like a forum version of the island of misfit toys.

12. boo

boo Well-Known Member

I want both of Wayne's!

13. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

You can't have both of Wayne's, I want his left one.

14. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

We want to help you Prof that's all..but you keep running us down...

I'm offended you think I 'm a misfit toy..:cry2: and yes I am really crying...in real life..you don't know why I'm broken so please don't presume...

WE all need support and it sounds like that's why you're here so please don't be so mean to us....It doesn't help ...

15. Rowan

Rowan Banned Member

I'd give any one of anything from my body to give to anyone on here, just so they could survive, even if it meant my life would be in jeopardy, as long as someone else would live, I would do anything for them.
    :sweetheart: :rose: :wub: :heart:

16. boo

boo Well-Known Member

No ONE makes IV cry!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

17. Prof.Bruttenholm

I lash out at people when stressed/depressed.

I am depressed because of my problems and there is no real solution to my problems.

I am sorry you're crying but if it makes you feel better, I've made some progress.

However, I still believe I will never end up in a real relationship so I've given up on ever being in one.

And I still don't see any of you as friends, those I've tried to connect with have proven to be either obnoxious or liars.
    I've lost contact with every friend I've ever made and I always make the effort to stay in contact, they don't, so I see no point in lying.

"Friends" are expendable

18. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Whether they realize or not most of the people I've talked to on here want "friendships" that consist of them pulling you out when they need you and putting you away when they don't.

Not to mention most of the relationships formed are based on the common misery and that is not really a basis for friendship in my opinion.

My real life friends and even the people i play xbox with online I enjoy the company of because we have similar personalities or the like, not just one common trait that our lives suck. So I guess I don't even really know if I've ever made any friends on here.

19. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry I got :eek:fftopic:
    back to Boos thread..

20. Infinite Sadness

Infinite Sadness Well-Known Member

I have an excruciating time trusting people so should I make a close friend on here, I would be there for them in sickness and in health. I really only have two close friends IRL and they are both pretty "normal". I can't tell them half the shit I think or they'd surely up and leave...or distance themselves. That is terrifying. I find it liberating to be able to talk to others who won't judge me if I say "crazy" things. :cool: So, to answer your question Boo.. No. :hugtackles:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.