are there any meth addicts on this forum?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by painful, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. painful

painful Well-Known Member

Are there any meth addicts on this forum?

2. Kendle

Kendle Well-Known Member

Used to be....did it off & on (mostly on) for roughly twelve years. Haven't touched it in over ten years now though. Sometimes I miss it.

Then I take a good look at my teeth. Meth messed me up pretty bad.

Still, if I had a line in front of me right now, I'd be sorely tempted. I take it you use it?

3. kobie76

kobie76 Well-Known Member

Do you mean Methadone or MethAmphetamine? If Methadone then yep lol :)

4. Kendle

Kendle Well-Known Member

Oops I didn't even think of that one. I was methamphetamine, so I guess either way you're covered :)

*hugs*

5. painful

painful Well-Known Member

Well I smoked oxycontin once in a while but lately its been hard to get a hold of.but that's getting off topic.I meant methamphetamine.the drug that literally drives you insane.the drug that to this day has no known cure.the drug that's has fucked my life up and has made me do things I regret everyday.

6. Kendle

Kendle Well-Known Member

I did things that I still have to face up to, every single day. My beautiful daughter that is almost 17 is not 'normal'. So yeah, I understand. And yes, I went through a lot with thinking that I deserved to die for what I did to her. The doctors said that it wasn't a given....just because I used when I was pregnant....but come on. Right. Sure.

I try not to think about that anymore, and just be the best mom I can be now. But yes, I definitely understand about doing shit that you can never fully make up for.

That's the last I'll say about that. If I think about it too much it consumes me. I try to just move forward, so I'll thank you not to bring it up after this post. I just wanted you to know that, even though we may do things we hate ourselves for, that does not mean that we can not learn from what we've done, and move on to be better people than we were. That's a better response than self-flagellation, which might help ease guilt but does nothing in the way of atonement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.