Are we all truly such big liars?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Sakura, May 21, 2007.

1. Sakura

Sakura Well-Known Member

For the most part I've gotten the impression that the people here at this website truly do care for one another. And that they really do try their very best to help everyone out. And the responses that I've seen...(and in fact have recieved myself)...seem very genuine to me...

And that's why in the course of writing up this post, I think that I've come up with the answer to my own question...

No, we are not all being liars here.

I know that there are people here, who really do care about all of the members who come here looking for help. And they do their absolute best to try to help them. And when they themselves are hurting and in pain, they in turn recieve the help that they so willingly gave to others. I've seen this happen many times in the relatively short time that I've been here. And I'm as grateful for it all I was when I first joined...
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2007
  2. Very few members on SF are liars. There are some though...
  3. Sakura

Sakura Well-Known Member

Oh I know...I guess that the most that we can ever do about that, is to just do our best to try to see the ones who would lie, and try to avoid them ^^
  4. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

I suppose it's representative of life... that people are mostly good and genuine but there are some who are not. Just one of them things...! :unsure: I'm wondering why you asked the question though??
  5. Sakura

Sakura Well-Known Member

Oh it was just a question that came to me after reading another post about people being liars, here in this forum ^^;
  6. Tara

Tara Guest

it never came about to me that people on here are liars, until a few posts and now im not sure wether to trust everyone on here not not... i guess i can, and i will try and help as much people as possible (cause i know i'll need it back soon!) but i dont want to waste my time and efforts on someone whos lying rather than someone who really needs it.

7. I agree with you, Sakura.
  8. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

As shygirl mentioned, SF is no different with its mixture of people than the real world. There are those that tell untruths and that is sad. We must remember that these people have issues to deal with as well. Something within them causes them to seek out the attention they receive by lying. These people are often more difficult to support because once you find out (and you almost always do) the respect for them and what they face is lost. We tend not to answer as much and try to avoid being caught in their half truths. I feel very sad for these people. I do think that the majority of SF people are good and genuine in what they say. They help each other through times no one else can.The compassion and support found here is unlike any I have seen at most other sites I frequent. I hope the actions of a few do not destroy things for the majority.

9. Wonderfully said, Gentlelady :hug: