are we completely fucked?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by ybt, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ybt

ybt Guest

look at the UK, look at the arctic, are we completely fucked?

2. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Nah, global warming is a fallacy. We've only been keeping track of the weather since the 1890's. It's a natural cycle. How can anyone know what the temperature fluctuations have been like before that, barring geological knowledge of ice ages and other very extreme temperature changes? The Earth cools down, it gets hotter, etc. IMO (and in the opinion of many scientists) global warming can in no way be proven or validated. It's cyclical. That is not to say that we should not do our best to protect the environment, but the global warming theory is tenuous at best.

3. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

I'd say yeah, we're definitely fucked! C'est la vie! :dunno:

4. I don't think so.

I think it'll get back to normal soon enough.

I think.

5. Blackness

Blackness Guest

shit happens, mankind will eventually kill itself.

6. Raven

Raven Guest

Yes, but not just global warming, where killing the sea, the land and everything else that lives on it. The fun of a system based on exponential growth.

7. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

Im more concerned about the rate of extinctions, habitat loss, and biodiversity than I am about global warming, but ya basically the 1% of our brain that we do use seems set on accumulating trinkets and watching oprah.

All said and done god, alien, big bang or whatever fucked up making us the top of the food chain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.