are we crying for help?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Pollo, Oct 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pollo

Pollo Well-Known Member

I did and attempt in May with an OD and I was told it was a cry for help. I feel I have the urge to do another OD, it is very hard to explain why because I do not know myself. Is it real that attempts are cry for help? Why do I feel I have to do it? Am I crazy?
  2. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

I believe sometimes they can be, but not always. I think, personally, that some people may OD, or use other methods, but not do it properly, just enough to cause a little bit of a panic, because they want help but are too scared to ask for it. Whether this os concious or subconcious, I have no idea. It's just a theory I've had. This isn't to say everybody does that, either.

Sometimes I believe it might be, but sometimes, I think that's it. Someone's made their mind and that's the end of it. It depends on a lot of factors, I guess.
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

It is a cry that there is a lot of pain...and when we get the help we need before getting to that point, we do not need to cry in that way...please talk to someone about what is going on for deserve to feel better...big hugs, J
  4. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

Something I wasn't aware of was that overdoses can also be a form of self harm. They are not always suicide attempts. What are your feelings about the last od. Did you think you would be ending it by taking it, did you at the time want to die and then regret it? What are you wanting to get from taking one?
  5. scally

scally Member

To be honest i dont see it as a cry for helpmore of a way out for me. Sometimes i just need a break from the crap inside my head and od but on other times like 2 weeks ago i meant it.

I feel scared right now cos i know upstairs i have the means to do it again but am desperately trying not to give in. I have distracted many ways today and spoken to duty about my fear/feelings.

One thing is for certain the more we do it the more chance we have of sucseeding, sorry for my spelling

Scally living on the edge
  6. Pollo

Pollo Well-Known Member

when I did the first OD I did not want to die, I knew the amount I was taking was not lethal, but I do agree that the more we try the more chances we have to make it definitive.
    Oh God I feel so lost, I feel like I have to do it even I know is bad.
  7. sinnssykdom

sinnssykdom Banned Member

I think some 'attempts' deep down really are more of a cry for help. However i think a cry for help is something serious as well because they obviously are in need of help. I hate hate HATE it when i hear stories of professionals telling people things such as 'that was only a cry for help' or 'looking for attention'. Like dude, how do you know what went through that person's head. Maybe they were just looking for help or maybe they honestly meant it but were so hung over their feelings and not mentally thinking right that it went wrong or maybe it was just a fluke or an honest accident that it went wrong; who knows! The real thing that people should be looking at is the fact that people have to actually try and kill themselves in order to get any help. That's what the real sad thing is about and what professionals should be looking at. I think at the very least if they're not going to admit someone then they should require them to go to a therapist/counsellor/psychologist for atleast a few sessions which the government should pay for.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.