Are we truely alone?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by darkrider, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darkrider

darkrider Well-Known Member

I was thinking, if I were to disappear nothing would change. People die or commit suicide every day but we're indifferent to it, we don't know they ever existed unless they're famous. Like someone said on this forum 'if you were to remove a grain of sand on a beach would anyone notice'? If I disappeared people would go about their lives, anyone close would get over it with time. What difference does it make really? I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so what difference does it make when I choose that time comes?

2. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

you'll always be in someones thoughts no matter who they happen to be, whether friends or family. things that you own will always exist and you will always live on through those and in peoples thoughts. i dont think anyone ever really forgets anyone they have ever met in their lifetime.. so yes, people do notice when a grain of sand goes missing. at least thats what i think

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I agree with this :) and to the OP,I'm sure you would be missed very much even if you don't think so :hug:

4. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Hi Mate, It's true that people die everyday and that life goes on but we are not grains of sand. We are human beings with feelings and emotions. It's sad enough when someone dies of natural causes but the ripples which spread outwhen someone commits can be even worse. Along with the sadness there can be feelings of guilt and feelings of confusion. The great unanswered questions of why that can never be answered. Added to this is the trauma for whoever finds you. Grains of sand don't experience these things. Please don't give up on the hope that things can improve. Best wishes Simon.

5. stinkymouse

stinkymouse Well-Known Member

Yours and my spirit only lives on in others peoples heart from people who know and love us..when they die it will be like we never exsisted in the first place..unless your famous like Paul Mccartney or laurel and hardy who will always live on though there music or comedy films.

6. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

Those loved ones you leave behind have to live with the fact that you comitted suicide (and what might have been had you not) everyday for the rest of their lives.

Grief, if unresolved can do terrible things to people.

But ultimately yes, sadly we are all alone.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2009
  7. smk

smk Well-Known Member

visualizing a grain of sand i can imagine it colliding by shifts and occurrences into many other grains of sand, if those grains of salt where to record such events there would be many imprints around. i suppose those grains that you bake in the sun alongside all day would be the ones to take the greatest notice, since the proximity.

on another thought, since where people and all, we seem to reside inside...the processing core where we decipher what we experience, i guess that ultimately remains isolated. i think sometimes you can control how close that core surfaces to the skin, and that's when you start to differ from all the others...

8. plates

plates Well-Known Member

i like your words. i think i'm very much like that. i don't know if i control it, it just comes through? loads of people have said i have very little physical boundary (in lots of senses) between outside and in, and over the past year i've been trying to build that up- 'making a skin for myself'

i don't have many grains that i bake a long side. i just generally, am a grain of sand flying through the air in the breeze, i think :mellow:

:dunno:

are we truly alone? if you don't have loving friends, family. yes the feeling of isolation can terrible and soul destroying and can be a type of dying.

9. darkrider

darkrider Well-Known Member

I cannot relate to anyone in life, even on this forum. There's a reason I can't find happiness, it's because i'm not meant to be here.

10. porcelain child

porcelain child Well-Known Member

That question really made me think.. i not thought about it like that before..

I think i need to go away and think about it more.. before i answer...

11. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

yes, because to those grains around it, it my not seem it, but it is an important grain. you take that one grain away and all the grains around it slip and move becuase it is now gone never to return.
    it could be one of the most important grains on the beach also, but has yet to reach its potential, or it could sparkle hundreds of times brighter than those around it, but it cannot see it.

regardless of what you think of yourself, others will always be devistated by a loss hun :hug: your only a grain, but think about the grains around you :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.