Are you a soldier or a leader

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by wastedmylife, Dec 14, 2010.

?

are you a soldier or a leader?

1. soldier

6 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. leader

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

there are 2 types of people in this world, I use to be a leader but now I am a soldier what are you

I wish I can add a poll but I am on moderation <mod edit, TDM -- unnecessary>

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2010
  2. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I guess I'm more of a soldier.. I'm just too shy to be a leader I think.

3. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

*shrug* i don't think there's such a clear cut answer to a question like that. part of being a good leader is knowing when to be a soldier, and vice versa.

4. duka

duka Well-Known Member

I'm a soldier. I can lead when it's necessary, but I much prefer doing everything myself most of the time. It's only when I NEED help that I become a leader. So I guess, in that way, I'm kind of like the lone wolf types of soldiers, like a sniper, spy, or artillery observer. Cool!

5. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

i am naturally a leader sort of person, i have to be so in my work as i often have lads under my control and if they dont do their job as i say it should be done i have been known to literally drag them to the gate and kick them off the premises.
    youll be amazed at the amount of idiots you can have working for you. all happy to get paid but very few willing to do a decent job.

6. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Erm... I think I tend to be a leader though I'd much rather not be. >_<

7. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I don't think that there's only these two types.

I wouldn't do *anything* a leader told me to just because they are supposed to be leading me. But I don't tell other people to follow me, either. Everyone should do what they think is right for themselves.

So perhaps something more along the lines of... are you a leader, soldier or saint? -- although I would never compare myself to a saint, it does sound much nicer... or maybe a leader, soldier or hippie? I'd fit the hippie description the best, I'm afraid.
    :IrishDoll:

8. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

^^ Like Kitty, think there's more than 2, couldn't vote for either. Not really the leader type but even more so not a soldier, not a follower at all whether it's work or just general living.:huh:

9. hornbeam

hornbeam Well-Known Member

if there are only two like at work - boss or staff

i would rather be staff - so its soldier

10. foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten Well-Known Member

There a more than 2 types of people in this world. xD
    I find sayings like this very limiting and vague.
    You can't explain people or life in general, with just one
    saying. Its meant to simplify people and the world to make
    It easier to live in. But I think it actuallly complicates things more.
    There are crazy people who couldn't say themselves which one they are.
    There are people who are both. And people who are none.

11. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

There should be a 3rd option; a great leader. Anyone can lead a group of people but not everyone can lead that group of people to sucess. Great leaders have the vision to change the rules and if necessary break them to achieve their goals.

"You must, therefore know that there are two means of fighting: one according to the laws, the other with force; the first way is proper to man, the second to beasts; but because the first, in many cases, is not sufficient, it becomes necessary to have recourse to the second" - Machiavelli

12. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Not a leader but I soldier on through life.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.