Are you a vegeterian?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Datsik, Aug 12, 2007.

?

Are you?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    60.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Datsik

Datsik Forum Buddy

I wanted to know who's vegetarian here ^^

I know I am =P

2. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

I'm a pescetarian (kind of a vegetarian but I eat seafood), so not sure whether to vote yes or no here.

3. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

No, that'd make you a pescetarian:tongue:

4. ~CazzaAngel~

Oh, and i'm a vegitarian, been on like 6 months but I don't see myself starting to eat meat again. I was a vegitarian for a couple years but started eating meat again because i'm anemic and the doctor said I wasn't getting enough iorn with the supplements, and it's easier finding food with meat, or theirs more options especially if you're eating out, but I couldn't take eating meat anymore. :yuk:

5. InnerStrength

InnerStrength Well-Known Member

6. WhyTry

WhyTry Active Member

Nope. I do admire those who are vegetarian, but I honestly love the taste of meat too much to stop eating it.

7. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

Yes; a lacto-ovo-vegetarian. I've basically been one since I was 17, it must have been. I've eaten fish, every now and then, though. A bit over a year ago, I decided to cease with fish, forever, though. I've ceased with fish many times, but after a while, I've started eating it, again. The reason I'm so sure, this time, is because when I realised I had to cease eating it, I was watching a programme on television, viewing the lives of fish. They really don't seem as emotionless as most think. The most important reason, however, is that the seas are being emptied of fish. Many fish are already threatened, becoming extinct, and many slowly reproducing fish, probably already are. Never eat tropical fish; they often are such fish. If the current situation continues, the seas will have been completely emptied, in a normal human lifetime, killing all dolphins and other whales, penguins and all sorts of other animals, not to mention how overly full the seas will become with plankton, which eventually will kill the seas completely. On land, fish eating birds will die, and probably, due to the many chains, insects and other bugs will take over land, also, if the seas would become emptied; insects and other bugs always win, after all; the smallest creatures always win, in the end. It would be a doomsday scenario, completely changing life on Earth, probably leading to the end of humanity, as well.

By the way, as for normal meat from cows or sheep, for instance... you do know that BSE (mad cow disease) is everywhere; especially in the US. If you don't want Creuzfeldt-Jacob's disease, the human variant of BSE, do not eat meat, nor candy with gelatine, for that matter; gelatine often is made from skins, bones, eyes and all sorts of other crap from slaughter procedures. Creuzfeldt-Jacob's disease is an incurable disease that shocks scientists, the more they find out about it. Did you know that prions; the spores that spread the disease; aren't even destroyed, if they are exposed to volcanic temperatures? By the way; another good piece of information: In Great Britain, cows have been fed with bones from the Ganges river in India, where not only the bodies of cows are laid to rest, but also, very frequently, human bodies. Cows are not just made into cannibals, which is the cause of the creation of this disease; they are also fed with human bones.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2007
  8. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

How can there be ten votes, but only seven views of the thread, by the way?

9. ~CazzaAngel~

There's a invisible type mode on here, maybe some of the people who voted were under it and it didn't show up, otherwise I'm no sure why. :unsure:

10. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

I'm not a vegetarian... I have lots of respect for people who are though; I tried to be one and failed miserably at it lol.

TDM

11. Blackness

Blackness Guest

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

12. aloneEliza

aloneEliza Active Member

I've been vegan since conception.

I'm glad vegetarians refuse to eat meat, but if you still give your money to companies that conduct horrific animal toxicity tests, charities that torture animals in the name of science, and an industry so gross and inhumane as dairy... I just wonder What's the point??

13. j86

j86 Well-Known Member

Like i've said, i've been a devoted vegetarian for 3 years now.
    I got the idea because of my younger sister, who picked up vegetarianism from our older sister and while our older sister has stopped, i'm still staying true to it.

14. am I alive

am I alive Well-Known Member

I just don't eat meat

15. Puddytat

Puddytat Well-Known Member

sorry, i need my meat, not too keen on most veggies but i try to make sure i get some greens in, cannot feel satisfied on a salad tho. however im not a huge beef fan for some weird reason. and NO seafood! eew!

16. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

I tried to become a vegetarian last year but failed miserably. I guess I will always be a meat eater.

17. syntaxerror

syntaxerror Antiquities Friend

I'm vegetarian, my kids aren't though - their dad isn't...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.