Are you a vengeful person?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by boo, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

If you were harmed by someone, would you seek justice, be vengeful and harm them back? Or would you just let it slide and go on with your life?

We all faced someone that once made our life miserable at one time. Most of the time, we just bite the bullet and shrug them off. But i dont know about you, but in the back of my mind i fantasize about getting back at them. Although i'm vengeful by nature, i never actually carry out my plans. The one time i wanted to go crazy was when we broke up...:huh:

2. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

for me, i would not go looking to hurt the person, but i would most likely ignore them, which can be hurtful to some

once someone i trust has wronged me it is very difficult for me to trust them and want them as a friend again

3. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Boo, I'm surprised that this is not a poll.

I am a vengeful person also, but my plans actually become a half reality. I want to see my kids really badly, so I am willing to do anything to make her look bad, irrecoverably so.

4. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Don't make boo go back on strike :mad:

5. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

Strike? What's this about a strike? Were you on strike? When were you on strike? This is definitely newsworthy. ;)

6. Warm Hands

Warm Hands Well-Known Member

I think I am a little.

I'll give you one example that might turn into a long story, but I'll try not to let that happen. Edit: I failed at this. Skip to the very end if you want.

I go away to university, shit happens, I get depression and an eating disorder. Girlfriend and I hit the skids, and for 7 or so months things get pretty sucky between us, so I end it. But the last half of our relationship she was really hard on me.. We were in an ldr at that point which didn't help matters any as our main method of communication was over msn -- and msn has a funny way of distorting meanings and emotions and everything else... so you know, not good.

Anyway a lot of our conversations would go something like this "how are you?" "alright, you" "fine. did you eat today" "yep" "wow. that's a first. how was the doctors" "fine""did she give you your happy pills" "don't call them happy pills" "whatever. are you actually going to take them or would that be doing too much good for yourself?" ...blahblahblah... "you're a fucked up anorexic to the max."

..multiply that by everyday for 7 months and you find my breaking point.

So point to all this, is that because of that I guess you could say I have a lot of negative feelings towards her, and so sometimes I do things that I know will hurt her... Example, I haven't spoken to her in 5 months now, but I'll post on my bestfriends facebook wall happy/funny/whatever things that sound like the 'old me' that my ex was and is so desperate to have back, and I know it shows up on her facebook news feed and seeing that kills her... and that in turn makes me happy...

So ultimately, yes. I can am vengeful when I get really hurt.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will hurt forever.

But other than this particular situation, I'm not really. I may be somewhat bitter towards someone, but wouldn't normally take it to a point of purposly trying to hurt them or get back at them.

7. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

not at all~
    If anything; when in any sort of trouble or argument- I feel that I am at fault.
    I'd rather forgive other people right away than hold in any type of resentment or plan revenge.

My sister is the same way- and so is my brother, and my dad... but my mom is a schemer.

8. asking_advice

asking_advice Well-Known Member

im not. it only lead things into worse.

9. Theseus

Theseus Well-Known Member

Not sure about 'vengeful', but I am extremely angry and bitter and never let go of grudges. Anger and bitterness are my friends, though. I just wouldn't be the same without them.

10. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

No more strikes for Boo!!! :D IT wasn't the same here without your posts!

I used to be vengeful, not in the way where I wanted to hurt anyone, but if someone did something to me (and I don't mean something minor, but something pretty major), I'd want to find a way to retaliate. Now I just move on; but if it's something I feel strongly about, I make sure people involved know how I feel.

11. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

Of course I think about hurting my ex and the homewrecking woman that he cheated on me with but I would never actually do it unless it was something legal like erm having him arrested for kicking the crap out of me...now that felt good!!!!

Other people who have hurt me I have been very bitter towards but have held a grudge against by simply taking them out of my life.Hence why I am so alone and have nobody...people keep hurting me and in the past I have let them off thinking it could have been my fault,now I see these people for what they really are....scum and the best vengeance I can get is totally acting as if they never existed....

12. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I find it difficult to control my anger and so I'm guessing I probably am a vengeful person, yes.
    I haven't been badly scourned or anything and so I haven't had the opportunity to seek revenge, but the few times someone has treated me badly (and it could've been basically nothing) I've had daydreams about their death, I've wished death upon them, I've dreamed about their houses burning down with their families inside etc.
    All of which worries me that I have such a twisted mind of course, and for something as trivial as "oh, he/she said something rude to me" or whatever.

13. ozbound

ozbound Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I think I would like to be vengeful sometimes but one of my problems is I suffer with a severe Guilt problem. So in the end all I would end up doing is tourturing myself.

14. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

No, I'm not.

15. alan1975

alan1975 New Member

I think I am the very definition of vengeful.

16. Sephaus

Sephaus Well-Known Member

Absolutely, if I'm wronged in any way I try to deliver that suffering back as well, I took enough and witnessed enough injustices growing up so I'm not going to stay idle in a situation when it's within my control.

17. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Hmm, only somewhat vengeful, but I'm more of a justice-oriented personality limited to trying to do what's fair.

18. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

this post needs a poll :)

19. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I think things through way too much. It's good and bad. I would never seek vengeance. I would rationalize it in my head. Well, that's just how the person is. Or, they didn't make me feel upset, only I can make myself upset. While that thinking may be healthy, the thoughts don't necessarily translate to feelings. I stuff all those hurt feelings deep down. Often, I wish I could just act without thinking.

20. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

When I was younger I did.. Now that I am an old fart I just ignore people like that..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.