Are you an Outcast?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Winslow, Jul 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winslow

Winslow Antiquitie's Friend SF Supporter

Are you an Outcast? I know I am, due to my handicap. The way I work at solving my problem is simply to find other outcasts. Who are they? Well, they are wheelchair-bound people, or homeless people, etc. It can be dangerous at times, though, with homeless people because some of those homeless are erratic. But I take that chance.

One gent I made friends with, used to be in prison for something violent he did. But when I socialized with him, he was always nice to me. I guess it's how I treat people. If you treat people nice, then they will be nice to you too. So maybe it was because people treated that man nastily, which is why he became a hostile and violent person. But people can change.

So for me, my hope is to find other outcasts. An outcast needs an outcast. So if there are any other outcasts out there, then pm me by all means. And your comments are welcome within this thread too.
  2. boo

boo Well-Known Member

I think i am. I never talk to people and always put on a plastic smile. People often stay away from me cause i look really sad and angry when they dont know me.
  3. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

i'm an outcast. my friends, i guess you'd call popular, and i'm the freak they hang around with. in school i used to hang out with other socially rejected people, then society welcomed them while continuing to shun me. i am an outcast because of the choices i have made, even though the decision was not mine to make.
  4. Emerald Hyperion

Emerald Hyperion Not So Well-Known Member

When you look up the definition for "outcast" in the dictionary, my picture should be there somewhere.

I've been outcasted since I was at least six years old, by family, associates, and pretty much every single grade in school. But there was always at least one person out of a thousand that would at least treat me like a human being. It was a recurring theme throughout my life, interestingly enough.

But now with my only best friend having passed away a month ago, I'm still an outcast today and still struggle in terms of being socially accepted. That's why I choose just to be lone wolf in most situations. I get so sick of being mislabeled as someone not worth being around. It does get tiring being lonely, but I don't have a choice.
  5. Pow

Pow Well-Known Member

Yes I am
  6. mulberrypie

mulberrypie Well-Known Member

yes, i am an outcast.
  7. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I am responding because I don't think you should consider yourself an outcast because of a handicap, whether in a wheelchair or not. I don't know you but I think you do yourself a disservice by considering yourself as such.

I hope that you have better days ahead!
  8. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

I would class myself as an outcast, not due to a disability or a crime, or being homeless. Just simply because I am different. I seem to think differently from others, I've been told I'm eccentric to a certain degree, when I'm in a good mood.
    All in all, I just feel like I dont fit in anywhere, never had a group of friends or anything, always been on the peripheral looking in.
  9. Cortez

Cortez Banned Member

Yes I am also an outcast and it is really obvious, I can't fake not being one unlike others, it's hard for me pretend to blend in.
  10. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

I can definitely relate to that. I might add socially awkward in there as well. I'm a awkward person (sometimes) so I'm very much an outcast.
  11. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I used to always be the outcast. The outsider. I used to withdraw from people and keep to myself. But every relationship starts with my actions. I realized that the nicer I was to people the more friends I made. The more I smiled the more people wanted to be around me. So I allowed myself to show the world the me that I always kept hidden. Faults and all they would see the me that was inside, and people like me. So now I am a social butterfly. There isn't one place I go that others do not talk to me, or be nice to me. It feels great, and I make people feel great by being the best person I can be. Everyone has problems and want to be around uplifting people. I believe in hugs and give them out as much as I can. With permission of course. I haven't met one person that did not need a hug. I believe we can all make a difference in the way we treat people, and show we care. It begins with us, and is up to us to choose either to :yay:be the outsider or a friend. JMPO Blessings..
  12. TJ

TJ Staff Alumni

i have always been an outcast , i never fitted in at skool , due to a disablity i have and mental illness as well . then with my adult life ive never really had friends until very recently and even then its been a very select group that i consider to be ' real friends ' . i fit into a number of diffrent "socailly unacceptable " groups that have been meantioned
  13. plates

plates Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm an outcast of outcasts because I'm so sociable? :dunno:
  14. Mystic

Mystic Well-Known Member

I'm so far outcast that I would be outcast from the local "Outcast's Anonymous".

I have spent my entire life outside of society and I have spent years in the virtual world of forums and chatrooms as an outcast.

I always have been outcast.
    I am outcast.
    I always will be outcast.

And there is nothing I can do to change that.
  15. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I believe anyone can fit in, but they just do not know where they fit in. There is always one place regardless of who you are, or where you are from, you will always fit in. You are a part of the human race, and although it is imperfect and hard to understand on our own, you are still human, and deserve the same love respect, and acceptance as one. Blessings..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.