Are you Angry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob26003

I posted this to enquire if anyone else is angry deep down. I am furious, and I think it is killing me. Cant be good for the ol ticker.

Is it normal to visualise things like hitting people in the skull with a bat or an axe? And visualizing those things happening to you? Feeling like you deserve them? Like a "just get it over with mindstate"?

Do you harbor feelings even if not permeanent to permenately hurt people?

Is this justified?

T

TiredAndAlone

Yeah, I think about stuff like that. Like killing people, running people over, strangling them, stabbing them...

I would never act on it though. I wouldn't hurt a fly in reality :smile:

I just hurt myself instead.

~Nobody~

So, so angry.

I feel like it's eating me up inside.

I heard a quote I really like a few weeks ago, and I'll share it. I believe it's true, but I can't follow it.

"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else;
you are the one getting burned."
- Buddha

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
Oh it's true Nobody. I had an anger for years that poisoned everything I did and felt. The day I forgave the person I felt this for was the most liberating thing I've ever done, a complete peace came over me.

P

ProzacDeathWish

Not so much anger as frustration. I'm not aggressive unless I'm provoked and even then I still prefer to avoid conflict. I'm not a punk whose trying to prove something.

There is a part of me that can't stand to be dominated though. A lot of my jobs in the past have had a huge "bubba" factor, ie, I worked with good 'ol boys. Hey, you want to wear cowboy boots and chew tobacco, fine with me.

Don't get me wrong, I can get along with just about anybody, but every once in a while I come across some dude who wants to intimidate me. Well, homie I suffer from Atypical Depression and Avoidant Personality Disorder so everybody intimidates me already. ( ha ha).

The thing I hear them say that makes me want to laugh is " I'm not scared of
any man." Fine, you idiot. I wasn't going to scare you to death. I'll get the same results whether you're scared or not.

What they don't understand is that if they keep provoking me that we will all end up on the 10 o'clock news.

I am very angered and hurt about a lot of things.. like my abuse from childhood, relationships, family, and etc... but I have never thought about things like that. I have said things like I wish they knew the pain they caused me, just for 1 hour. but it's just for the main part not in my nature.

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
News update. If hoping someone gets syphilis and his dick falls off is angry, then I'm at boiling point :mad: :mad: :mad:

I have to say I'm quite angry myself too. When approached, I sometimes lash out for no reason...some "friends" get mad at me for that. But yeah, I do visual a lot of...beating the sh*t out of people. But deep down, I don't know if you or anyone else feels...eventually I'm just mad at myself...

To cure my anger for the day, I just shout in my car as loud as I can for as long as I can. Usually, I hit the passenger seat too. It makes me feel tons better about everything bad that happened that day.

Angry--- YES,YES.Angry with my partner who bullshits and manipulated quite a few occasions.A man full of egos and arrogance and do not have the guts to apologies even though he is clearly in the wrong.To him,the egostic man reckoned he done no wrongs!
Guess what,each time I am getting better and learning how to deal with him.

Honestly, I can say that I have been very angry before, but all the people who I used to hate.. I no longer do. I used to focus on people from my past who bothered me a lot (like someone who robbed me of hundreds of dollars and disrespected his own friends) and I would hit my punching bag until I collapsed from exhaustion. I did that enough that it finally feels all my stress over the situations was released, and I can truly say I love those people who once hurt me. I love everyone equally, they're only human, and if I could see these people again today, I would actually thank them and hug them.. because that is what they need the most... respect from other people despite their problems. When we're hurt by others, it's a learning experience - and it makes us stronger in the end if it doesn't kill us. Those who bullied or abused me have made me a better person today, and I sincerely hope that their own issues have been dealt with and that they have recovered.

~Nobody~

I can truly say I love those people who once hurt me. I love everyone equally, they're only human, and if I could see these people again today, I would actually thank them and hug them.. because that is what they need the most... respect from other people despite their problems. When we're hurt by others, it's a learning experience - and it makes us stronger in the end if it doesn't kill us. Those who bullied or abused me have made me a better person today, and I sincerely hope that their own issues have been dealt with and that they have recovered.
Wow :smile:. I have great admiration for that, Syd.

TLA

Antiquitie's Friend
I have been accused recently of having a lot of anger issues (really? I wonder why?? mmm). I took an anger mgt. class it only lasted 7 hours and was a waste of time.

I always told myself I only hated one person in my life (perpatrator). :mad:
Now, I am still working to forgive him. I was able to forgive my father of the years of neglect and physical abuse. Yes, it is a great rush of relief of the burden coming off your shoulders.

I did use to scream in my car and liked that. Now, harder with no car. I have taken to puching the pillow with my ex photo on it. It helps. Maybe I need a better physical outlet (you think?)

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Wow :smile:. I have great admiration for that, Syd.
That's not to say that I won't get angry again, I've just come to terms with my 'enemies' of the past, so to speak.

Anger is a healthy use of energy.. it's just a matter of finding alternate ways of venting the emotion rather than targeting innocent people. The latter is usually a form of projection or displacement in Psychology.

I'm not saying beating a punching bag until your knuckles bleed and lungs burn is going to be a permanent solution to anger problems - no, not at all. It does temporarily produce a calming effect though.. actually, any long period of daily exercise (drink a lot of water) can go a long way. Medication and therapy can keep people occupied and focused on positives, but it's not exactly a cure. The best remedy is simply time, sometimes we're naturally able to recover, other times not. However, I haven't known any people with bad childhoods who have only gotten worse as they grow older.. there is usually some improvement, and that counts for something.

Do what you have to do... will to survive. Whatever the situation.. we're either going to continue living or we're going to die. I don't advocate one over the other, I believe the individual will know what's best, and it's no one's decision to make but their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00