are you asexual?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by jasonkramer, Nov 6, 2010.

what are you

Poll closed Sep 2, 2011.
  1. hetro

25 vote(s)
  2. homo

4 vote(s)
  3. asex

11 vote(s)
  4. bisex

11 vote(s)
  5. other?

6 vote(s)
  1. jasonkramer

jasonkramer Well-Known Member

i am curious to know if anyone else here is asexual. if you dont know what that is, asexuality is basically the lack or close to lacking sexual attraction. this is simply sexual attraction, it is still possible to have a sex drive.

i consider my self asexual due to me rarely ever finding anyone attractive due to their looks. most of the women i have wanted were more mentally beautiful than physically beautiful. i have no interest in with being with a bitch. if i cant get along with you then leave me alone.

i came to the decision that i am asexual after i tried for years to figure out who i am. thus far asexual is one of the few pieces of the puzzle i have found. i am still clearly heterosexual as far as my relationship interests go. but when my sex drive bothers me then anything submissive goes.

so tell me how you came to know you were asexual or even if you are some other sexuality.
  2. ali-wali

ali-wali Well-Known Member

Maybe get my boyfriend to take this quiz? ;)
  3. alison

alison Well-Known Member

I'm not sure.

For awhile I thought maybe I was asexual, because whenever I came close to doing anything remotely sexual with someone (girls or boys) it would feel really wrong, and I would escape as quickly as possible. But I don't know.. sometimes I think its more an anxiety issue. I can't even begin to focus on whether other people look sexy, because I'm so wrapped up in my own 'omigod i'm gross, they must hate me' shit. So maybe I'm not asexual, I'm just vain and self-obsessive haha.
  4. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

I'm 'homo', :laugh:.

I'm pretty sure I first realized I wasn't entirely the 'same' as the other guys when I started liking them...a lot :tongue:. I also seemed to have a lot more girlfriends, than guy friends. Like when I was in primary school I was friends with pretty much all the chicks...I had male friends but that was towards the end of year 7. Then of course I came across wasn't that interesting....:laugh:.

Back then when I was like 10 or 11 or when ever it was(I was an early bloomer :tongue:), I didn't know there was something called a 'history' tab on the mum ended up finding all these different sites and stuff on the history....LOLOLOLOL.

She would ask me if I was gay and of course I would just say 'no...'. Mum and dad would be fine if I told them I was gay(mum had a friend that was when she was a kid). She actually used to ask quite a lot if I remember the point that it nearly got annoying :unsure:. She eventually stopped asking, I haven't told her since(I've told a few kids at school and it'll be a matter of time before I get people asking if I am) but I'm practically certain that she'll be like "ABOUT FUCKING TIME. WE KNEW ANYWAY!", lol!.

My grandparents(mums side, dad's side barely meets us - not that we care) don't seem to have a clue and my grandpa keeps saying shit about me getting a girlfriend, sometimes I feel like saying shut the fuck up to him. He pretty much mentions it everytime he comes around. Once I come out to mum and dad, mum'll probly mention it to her siblings/mum and then maybe he'll shut the hell up! :dry:. Besides, statistically speaking, there would have been ATLEAST one gay etc person within the group of grand kids(there's like 14 of us or something?)
  5. arbrsc

arbrsc New Member

I sorta agree with Alison...Its more I am attracted to the opposite sex but anxiety makes it hard to have a so called normal sex life...I sorta don't think about it after awhile, or I am attracted, just don't act on it.

6. Withdrawn

Withdrawn Well-Known Member

I'm hetro or bi, I'm not really sure. :unsure:
  7. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I'm not stably any sexuality. I'm more-or-less straight in lower moods but willing to fuck anything that moves in manias.

Therefore I chose "other".
  8. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I don't know.
  9. mulberrypie

mulberrypie Well-Known Member

hetero. definitely not asexual, but i have no interest atm.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2010
  10. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

I'm not sure either...I tend to fall in love with the personality or energy a person emits than physical attraction...or maybe I fall in love with an ideal of the person, not sure...but it doesn't start with physical or sexual dunno either...
  11. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

i briefly dated a guy who could careless if the person he dated was a man or woman....whatever was available was fine for him he didnt have a preference one way or another although he labeled himself as bi. He said similar things about attraction tho, but i dont think its quite the same thing as asexuality.
  12. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

Strictly hetrosexual.
  13. Lexicon

Lexicon Well-Known Member

Utterly asexual. I have a sex drive, but no sense of attraction or wanting to commit to a relationship. I have had a relationship with either sex, but both crumbled due to my inability to really engage in a relationship where I didn't feel any sense of strong attraction. I'm kinda lost about my sexuality. But certainly now, I'd say asexual.
  14. adamblast

adamblast Member

I'm gay, and have a normal (if not abnormally active) sex drive, but have lived my life too shy and awkward for either casual sex or relationships.

At age 51 I've had sex with others maybe a handful of times. Basically they'd have to be gorgeous and persistent, and I'd have to be drunk or otherwise out of my normal phobic zone.
  15. 1112222

1112222 Well-Known Member

I'm definitely hetro and I tend to have a huge sex drive when I'm not depressed or angry. However the only maintainable relationships that I can have with the opposite sex are either platonic or based entirely on sex and nothing else. Reason being that I am completely incapable of having a normal, loving and intimate relationship with a women as for some reason I just can't stand Intimacy or romance. So as a result I just stick with my fuck buddies.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2010
  16. LillMy8989

LillMy8989 Well-Known Member

For real? -No.
    For thread-real? Yes.

But I can't see clear anymore then thinking it is something wrong with me, sexually. Last time were months ago now and even that wasn't a "princess night" I say though I felt something was wrong (I have felt it since about 2-3 years ago but always blamed it on lack of "chocolate-gens"...:tiger:) but still sorry for the guy who felt real horrible I told him it wasn't his fault but yeah... I am no devil, but my body sure am...(jokes aside I just wanna find a solution to the problem so I can LIVE!) You see I do stalks by many problems (small though but still very hard to deal with, I can't anymore!) and it is just overwhelming and seems to not go any further and to the grave, what to do?! Going..:zombie:... seems to work when no ones around..? WTF! I have tried helping myself with my SEX-problems a longtime now but it just doesn't seems to be no way out anymore.... When I meet someone I do like I sure wanna be his woman and lady the very whole night, (okay, maybe you don't have 'SEXA' at the first date) but when you can't have none SEX, None days, it's seriously bad! Cause I am in that state i am worried, and I'm angry, sad that I am a coward won't going to the hospital telling my problems to the doc., I think I'm afraid what's gonna happen, are they just leave not telling anything? Do I have cancer..? I don't wanna know, but I will go, soon... and I am so mad that i haven't tell anyone what's going on, so sick of everything...
  17. GreyCat

GreyCat Well-Known Member

i say hetero but could be persuaded by the right girl... I could also be temporarily asexual due to a complete lack of interest in anyone but this is because im hugely overweight just now and this has turned me off completely!!!
  18. spiritxfade

spiritxfade Well-Known Member

I'm not sure. I might be asexual, but I haven't really reached a conclusion as to what I am. Still figuring it out, I guess.
  19. MiraWolf95

MiraWolf95 Account Closed

I'm hetero. However I do like some girls, but I'm more comfortable with a guy and prefer guys way more.
  20. plates

plates Well-Known Member

:laugh: I "came out" a few yrs back to my sister and mother eventually and the way I went about it was er..I think I gave them a bit too much info but they said (in separate cases): we knew it already! Although I'm not 'homo' exactly.

Me too!
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2010