Are you becoming comfortably numb?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Axiom, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkJNyQfAprY

It's been awhile since I last listend to pink floyd. This video spoke to me a bit in places. I don't know how to say how I feel to be honest, it's all jumbled and blocked in by a combination of other things. I can still feel, but i feel far away from myself, and im beginning to feel comfortable with it. It's been awhile since I last thought about what my child self would think if i saw myself now. Donno why I wanted to post this. Maybe if there is someone else out there like me, they'll wake up for a second if they listen to this video too.

We all have to truck on though dont we..through and through, further and further away it seems sometimes. Not all the time though

2. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

This was my favorite song by Floyd for quite a while. Unfortunately my dad destroyed most of my music collection. H said it was depressing, and then he gave me a bunch of Jazz cd's.

I identified with the entire song (minus the drug use), since it reminded me of my damaged behavior.

3. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

yeah, me to. It's been along time since I felt the damage i am causing the people around me. This movie clipand song made me open up tot hat for a moment, and i feel far away from that understanding and feeling. But atleast I can feel it slightly. It's just a bit hard, cause I dont like the feeling, and im not changing anything in these moments as I become aware of it. I donno. I feel lost in a dark cave in myself and I know the only way to get out is to do something, but the moment i do something I forget the feelings and it just seems pointless. But if i stay with the feeling nothing changes.. I cant maintain the feeling while being proactive.

I suppose in a gist thats how I got to being comfortable with being numb, atleast im doing something I suppose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.