Are you current on a med for a disorder?

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by The_8th_Wonder, Apr 24, 2009.

Are you on a perscribed medication for a disorder?

1. Yes

41 vote(s)
  2. No

7 vote(s)
  1. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

Just wondering. Votes won't be public.

Also sorry I suck at spelling should be prescribed... and the title should say currently... jeeezz I was a bit tweaked when I wrote this.
  2. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I take stuff for OCD and anxiety.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

No but I should be:unsure:
  4. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

I should be on amphetamines for ADD, but God revealed talents in me that are wired into a brain of someone with ADD.
  5. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

zyprexa 10mg - schizophrenia

prozamel(fluxetuine)20mg - depression
  6. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

the shrink wants me to go on Lexapro for depression but I don't think I am depressed, grieving yes, depression no. I told her I was not interested and to talk to the hand. She still pressures me to go on it, but after reading about side effects and people having trouble getting off, I am not interested. I have a busy life and don't have time for side effects.
  7. Phoenix1985

Phoenix1985 Well-Known Member

If you don't believe you need to be on the anti-depressants the shrink shouldn't be pressuring you, instead she should let you know it's ok and you can change your mind at any time. But thats just my opinion :smile:

And yes, I'm on medication:
    Epilim 1000mg and Lexapro 20mg for bipolar disorder (possibly borderline personality traits); and
    Murelax (oxazepam) for sleep issues.
  8. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

Every week she goes on about it, thats why I told her to talk to hand as I wasn't really interested. I feel like saying ok and then ODing on it and telling her, then she'll get off my case. She even wants to give me free samples!!!
  9. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

Seroquel 450mg - psychosis
    Lithium 1000mg - mood stabiliser
    Lamortigine 100mg - mood stabiliser
  10. plates

plates Well-Known Member

i haven't taken clonazepam for ages. days i think. i only take it when i think i'm going to die in the next few hours/ in the next 24 hours and the pain is unbearable. sometimes it works, sometimes it doens't.

i take it because i'm dying.
  11. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I currently take Zoloft 100 mg for depression and social phobia and Zyprexa 2.5-5 mg for anxiety ('cause Zoloft isn't enough). I also take propiomazine (sleeping pill) when needed.
  12. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

I take:

Sodium Valproate 800mg

Zyprexa 20mg

Mirtazapine 45mg

Zopliclone 7.5mg

I feel like a zombie much of the time, I think I need to get my meds reviewed.
  13. donnie

donnie Member

6mg Risperidone
    20mg Citalopram

Risperidone is getting weened off from tomorrow and being basically forced into taking Clozapine.
  14. Scars and Memories

Scars and Memories Account Closed

yeah only 10mg of Lexapro but my doc is going to increase it to 20 next week:smile:
  15. iKarma

iKarma Well-Known Member

20Mg Citalopram (1 in the morning)
    2Mg Risperidone (1 in the morning, 1 in the evening)
    600Mg Seroquel (Taken at bedtime)
    25Mg Seroquel (Taken as needed)
  16. Brighid Moon

Brighid Moon Member & Antiquities Friend

Clonazepam as needed for panic attacks. I have quite a stache saved up as I don't take it unless necessary. Plus they hate giving it out because too many people abuse it.
  17. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

Interesting... now I suppose I understand why everybody thinks medicine is such a huge deal this day in age. Being a "sheltered" teenager I haven't even heard of most of these medications though.
  18. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Most recently I've been on zoloft, abilify, and trazodone.
  19. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I used to take quite a lot of medication over the years (Amitriptyline, Olanzapine, Citalopram, Alprazolam...) the last thing I took was 40mg of Fluoxetine about a year ago and a - stupidly - weened myself off it (I wouldn't recommend this!).

I now take nothing, not a thing. After meeting a bi polar girl who said she was quite comfortable and happy with her mania as well as her depression, because it was all a part of who she was and why should she take anything to stop that.
    Which although I found strange it made me want to try and see what my own life would be like without anything blocking my mind. Sometimes it's really difficult but I'm just about holding it together.
  20. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Tried zoloft and lexapro for depression, the side affects were brutal. So I get by on 1.5 to 3 mg of xanax. Also my pain meds. take the edge off of the depression (I don't know why) Vicodin, 7.5/750 twice a day.