Are you deprived of love?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Blackness, Aug 17, 2007.

?

Are you deprived of love?

1. yes :(

39 vote(s)
    69.6%
  2. no :)

17 vote(s)
    30.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackness

Blackness Guest

I don't necessarily mean bf and gf love.

I mean motherly love, family that kind of love.

I have never been told that by parents love me, I dont get hugs or anything.
    I think love is an important necessity of life and we are depreived to live a full life without it.

Are you deprived of loved?
    (poll added)

2. Please..... my family is almost completely using me. My grandmother was the one I felt the most love from & she's been gone a year now. I was always happy to be with her & really miss her. I get the most love from my cat. Feels that way anyway,,,,,,,,,,,,

3. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

My parents - especially my mother - do love me, but in the end, only love from a girlfriend matters. My mother understands me fairly well... my father has great difficulties understanding me, but I think he loves me, anyway... most of the time, anyway... sometimes, it really seems like he strongly dislikes me.

Love between significant others shouldn't even use the same word, since it's so fundamentally different.

4. Will

Will Staff Alumni

I am...I don't mean to give a life story. It's just they both left me at a young age, then my 'dad' died and my mom is still distant. I don't feel like I ever had anyone to rely on. Much less the 'parents' I have now.

Even just friendly love, just the normal feeling of having good friends. I don't really get along with my brother, or my step family at all.

I don't know what else to say...:sad:

5. DaysofGrace

DaysofGrace Member

I Never Really Had A Family At All My Dad Left Us When I Was 3 My Mom Had 2 Work 2 Jobs Just To Get Us Through So She Was Always Tired And Mad Soo Most Of The Time It Seemed Like She Hated Me Specially When Shed Hit Me For Wanting To Play With Her =/ My Sister Left The House When I Was Around 8 Sooo I Dont Know What A Family Feels Like I Go To My Friends House Sometimes And His Family Is Soo Nice And Idk Makes Me Feel Jealous Even Though I Know I Shouldnt But Yah.

6. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

Definitely don't have real love. Mum and dad never hugged or tell me they love me for real, and even if they do that now, I will be disgusted anyway since they don't give a shit anyways. I guess I only deserve shit after all...

7. TheBLA

TheBLA Well-Known Member

I think I've been loved too much by my parents, I've been smothered and not given freedom, independence so even though I am 20, I'm still very immature and such. I haven't been raised right.

8. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

If you put it that way, I have been deprived of love but that hasn't made me angry at the world. Instead I've used it to my advantage, to make me a stronger person.

9. Twisted Sweet Lies

Twisted Sweet Lies Well-Known Member

My parents love me but every one on my mom's side of the family iggnores me. I hate going to viset them I always feel like an outsider.

10. I have great parents who love me, and my sisters. I'm lucky I realise that. I stuck my neck out with my (ex) wife and that is what hurts. The betrayal. I am deprived of love because I daren't explore it with someone else for fear of rejection.

I miss my step daughter and whilst we love each other I can't be there for her in the middle of the night or when she has a problem. So we are deprived of love in a way.

11. Waugriff

Waugriff Active Member

I was loved very much, just very tough love lol. Love is indeed needed in ones life to really live. Without it, it can litterally break you.

12. My parents never told me they loved me. It's just not in their character. The most I got when I asked my mom if she loved me was "I love all my children" in a cold voice.

I've never been truly loved and I think that's one of the big reasons why I never seem to love anyone else :(

13. Blackness

Blackness Guest

I remember in primary school we had to make mothers day or fathers day card.
    And we were told to write "I love you mum/dad, so much" in them.
    Everyone else did this fine, but I couldnt, because they dont love me...

The last time and only told mum i loved her she said "oooh thankyou" then walked off.
    FUCKING BITCH>

14. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

My mother and I are very close. She's really the only reason im alive.
    My father and I are distant, its something that goes back many years. We talk maybe twice a year. A lot of reasons, one of the big ones being I feel like such a failure, nothing ever changes in my life.

Whats a girlfriend?

15. My parents don't love me.
    My father abandoned me and he is just using me now against my mother.
    My mother has not told me she loves me in a long while, nor has she hugged me... in... such...a ... long... time.
    My sister on the other hand, tells me she loves me, and she gives me hugs, and she laughs with me, and talks with me.
    My grandma, I used to feel, loved me, but then she passed on, and I don't have much family love now.
    I have very close friends, only a few, who I'd actually consider my family too.
    I sorta believe they love me and care for me.

16. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Without a doubt.

17. canis-lupis

canis-lupis Well-Known Member

indubitably , undoubtedly , unequivacly and definately yes

in fact think unloveable

18. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Can you have love and be suicidal? How can that be possible? I suppose love can be sent to you, but it can be rejected. There is no way that you can feel completely loved and be suicidal at the same time.

19. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I have tons of love around me. But I don't have the one important love -- self love. Without respecting and loving myself I find life really tough to continue on sometimes. But I'm working on it! Swear :)

20. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

Yes, but it's out of choice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.