Are you ever jealous of dead people?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Auerbach, Jul 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auerbach

Auerbach Well-Known Member

I must admit I am all the time, especially if they were around my age. It is because I want nothing more than to die, I can't stand living anymore, to me being dead would be the best thing but I can't bring myself to suicide for a few reasons, so I just wait and wonder when it is that I will die out of my own hands, but then i get impatient and think I should just bring death to me.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I USED to be. Very much so. But my suicidal days are over thank goodness. I'm sorry you feel this way and hope somehow that you can overcome it. :hug:
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2014
  3. Auerbach

Auerbach Well-Known Member

I've always felt this way and I like it, I am used to it.
  4. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Sometimes I am jealous then other times I think about Claire & how much I would miss her but that is really conjecture as are we aware when we are dead? Also of course I suppose she would miss me
  5. Concrete_Angel

Concrete_Angel Forum Buddy

Sometimes I am, for them everything is over and they can be happy and free. But then I would miss some people and be sad
  6. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

7. Danialla

Danialla Well-Known Member

8. PinkiePieInTheSky

PinkiePieInTheSky Well-Known Member

When I'm at a funeral, I kind of wish I could be the person in the coffin.
    To give him/her my life, because most of them sound like they would enjoy the time I have left more than I feel like I will.
  9. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Not exactly jealous, but sometimes I would rather take their place.
  10. K8E

K8E Well-Known Member

Sometimes I'm envious of the peace that they are in, but realize that in all probability I won't be aware of the peace that I will have when it's my turn. Or maybe it will all make sense if there is an afterlife. :encouragement:
  11. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Guest

It's good to know that "life repair" is sometimes possible. I know that you worked pretty long & hard to get there.

But one thing is that what we call "dead people" really aren't people anymore. At most, there are physical remains that used to be a person, at one time, but now are pretty much the same as any other nonliving matter. It doesn't look like something to envy.

Which tells me that, although I haven't repaired my life or returned to good mental health, life is a state of animation that is really special in the universe. Most of the universe is inert gas, or rocks, or burning stars. Only tiny bits of it become "privileged" to enter the state of aliveness. Even if it has to end, it was still a great gift, even to have a minute of what human life is, with all its trouble.
  12. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

i do. i do get envious of people who are dead, because i know they are out of pain, and out of misssery- i always end up thinking.. well why isn't it me?

it can be a horrible feeling, and sometimes i feel selfish for it. but it's how i feel
  13. shadowonthewall

shadowonthewall Well-Known Member

I suppose the answer is yes, because I'm always hoping to die during my sleep. Unlike my envy of the living, at least with this, I'm quite certain that I'll eventually have my chance to be equal.

Although it often feels as though I am immortal, and I often worry that when I reach old age, humankind will have discovered a way to prolong life far beyond what the maximum life expectancy currently is, and that suicidal people will be the only ones who are not permitted to refuse life-extending treatments and that anyone with a history of suicidal ideation/attempts will be forced to live until they're 200 years old.
  14. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Yeah. I'm not suicidal anymore thanks to meds and therapy but still yes. I do envy.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.