are you ever worried when persons do not post anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
(i am sorry but i do not know if this question has been asked before or if this is the right subforum.)
i was wondering if the visitors/moderators of this forum are ever worried when a member does not post anymore, that something bad has happened...
and are you ever worried that some people that post are just fooling around? :unsure:

missing_pieces said:
(i am sorry but i do not know if this question has been asked before or if this is the right subforum.)
i was wondering if the visitors/moderators of this forum are ever worried when a member does not post anymore, that something bad has happened...
and are you ever worried that some people that post are just fooling around? :unsure:
'' are you ever worried that some people that post are just fooling around? ''

I don't really understand what you mean by that....

But yes, the thought that something bad has happened if a member doesn't post any more, is always there, but equally, they could've gone to hospital, or have internet problems, or have another issue which means they can't post on SF anymore, or something. I find it's always best to look on the positive side, when someone doesn't post anymore - ie- that they've gotten help to battle their depression etc :)

Hope this answers your question

Jenny

Staff Alumni
Hi :)

Yes i often think about the people who used to post but do not anymore.. sometimes they do let us know that they are leaving (for whatever reason; good or bad) and sometimes we just don't hear from them again :( I try to keep in contact with people as much as i can..

Do you mean 'fooling around' as in.. they maybe are not depressed in the first place but just playing with us? This is also a worry as we have recently had 'trolls' on the website, but luckily moderators are quick at spotting them and banning them from SF :)

I guess at the end of the day we are limited as to what we can really do with this being an online support forum.. if people do not come back to SF it doesn't necessarily mean something bad has happened, although it's always a risk

Anyway not sure if this helped lol. It's good to see you around
Biiiiig hugs :hug:
jenny x

Jenny said:
Do you mean 'fooling around' as in.. they maybe are not depressed in the first place but just playing with us? This is also a worry as we have recently had 'trolls' on the website, but luckily moderators are quick at spotting them and banning them from SF :)

I guess at the end of the day we are limited as to what we can really do with this being an online support forum.. if people do not come back to SF it doesn't necessarily mean something bad has happened, although it's always a risk

Anyway not sure if this helped lol. It's good to see you around
Biiiiig hugs :hug:
jenny x
hi,

yes, with 'fooling around' that is what i meant. it is good to know that moderators can quickly spot them. i asked this, because i saw a post from someone the other day, who said he would shoot himself the minute he would press the 'submit reply' button, he did not reply anymore; further on in the thread one of the moderators wrote that they had been in contact with the family of that person and that all was well. the thread was closed and the person banned. i truly did not understand how a person could do that :(. unfortunately, these issues are not a joke, but certain people do not seem to take it serious at all. so, thats why i asked. thank you for your wise answer. luckily, most of the persons on this forum are friendly and respectful, like you :). i honestly hope the friendly people on this forum will find their peace of mind in life.

BlackPegasus

Okay this is the first time I've said this but it's people who make up things like that that make me afraid to post. I mean I figure if I say anything siilar I'll be assumed a liar. It's people like that who get away with it that make me feel I have no where to go.

Mia

Sadeyes

Staff Alumni
The irony is that ppl who troll this forum, come with the opinion that they do not have 'problems' (be they young or just banal) when, in fact, their problems may be more critical than anything posted here, depending upon their intent...and about being concerned re posting...the staff do their best (and we have real keen staff who spot this amazingly well) to intervene, but members should also bring to staff's attention any post/thread that is in violation of the guidelines...I think each of us has a responsbility to keep this forum as safe and supportive as possible...big hugs, Jackie

TheBLA

The biggest loser ever to live.
If people do not post because they have rid themselves of depression and perhaps they don't need the site anymore, I'd like them to at least tell us of their situation so we wouldn't end up worrying about them.

fromthatshow

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I've been searching and searching

There was a wonderful thread in the suicide forum section something about "post to let us know you're still here".
I thought that was a great idea so even if you're not frequently visiting the site, you can let members know you're ok. If anyone can find it... bump it up! or sticky it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00