are you like me ?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by slowly_awaiting_peace, Jul 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello ! i know im new and most of you might not know me yet , i am clinically depressed , have anxiety (im on 25 mg of Prozac) and have untreated BPD (borderline personality disorder) . although i learned how to deal with bpd for the most part and made the best out of it , i was wondering if there is anyone out there who can relate ?

2. Jackie's Strength

Jackie's Strength Staff Alumni

Hi there, and welcome to SF :) I can relate in that I have BPD, depression and GAD (generalized anxiety disorder). I am also on medication (about 45 mg of Cymbalta), and have been on many different antidepressants in the past. I'm not sure what you mean when you say that you have untreated BPD... have you been officially diagnosed with it? I have been diagnosed, and received DBT for it in the past. If you can get access to it, it really is a great treatment!

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Just want to say hi hun i have depression and am on wellbutrin for it

4. thank you for the welcoming . and yes i have been diagnosed but i dont take any meds for BPD inparticular . i am not a big fan of my prozac although it did help in some aspects but also mad some worse , how do you like the cymbalta and wellbutrin ?

5. PJLane

PJLane Well-Known Member

hello and welcome to the forums. i can relate to the depression part and am taking sertraline for it. pretty sure there is something else wrong with me but yet to be diagnosed

6. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

I was diagnosed with clinical depression and given Paxil for it, but I stopped taking it years ago and am not currently in any kind of treatment. I also used to suffer from pretty bad social anxiety and anger issues. I don't know what other issues I may have. I have good days and bad days, and have been known to use drugs and alcohol to self medicate. I doubt that I'm exactly like you, as no two people are exactly alike, but many of us here share some similar issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.