Are You Lonely?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Anonymous2, Aug 4, 2007.

Are You Lonely?

1. YES

53 vote(s)
  2. NO

6 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous2

Anonymous2 Well-Known Member

Are you lonely?

From reading other post, it seems as though many of us are lonely. I felt inclined to start a poll to try and find out whether or not loneliness and suicidal thoughts have a strong correlation. I find that society often does not see being lonely as a reason for depression or suicide. Many people who have “normal” social lives don’t seem to understand the pain of being alone. They belittle it and make it seem as though it is a problem one should just get over. This poll should help to show whether or not I’m being irrational or they’re being irrational.
  2. Blackness

Blackness Guest

Yes I am lonely now and am suicidal.

But when I was younger, I had friends and family. Wasn't alone..just still suicidal.

It's goes by saying "you don't have to be alone to be lonely"
  3. consciousinsane

consciousinsane Well-Known Member

They are being irrational. I saw this girl today out front of a store. She seemed so happy and "full of life" I went over and bought some of what she was selling just so that for those 2 minutes I was around her, I could feel what it was like to have life and the feeling of being with another soul. Yet I still felt lonely cause I knew I was lonely and suicidal before and I'd be yet again afterwards. I'm so lonely right now I'm suprised my arura hasn't turned into a death wand and killed all the animals around me. I should be dead. That's all there is too it, yet, I continue to be here, and I can't figure out why. Fuck it. Lonely = Suicidal. No poll needed.
  4. animebling

animebling Well-Known Member

Funny, I always imagine the same thing. The way people look at me sometimes it seems like an aura is radiating from me telling people to leave me alone.
  5. An aura that relays your emotional state to others around you ? Why such a complicated, esoteric explanation?

Could it be that you facial expression performs the same function ?
  6. consciousinsane

aura sounds cooler than face. But I guess technically the face could be the center of the aura from which body language extends from the human body. It doesn't really matter much though what you call it, or how you describe it. It's still there dealing with and expressing matters of the heart and soul.
  7. honsou

honsou Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm intensely lonely, i don't know if this makes me a bad person but if i had more friends and my gf came back to me i probably wouldn't be suicidal. I would be very prone to the thoughts in times of extreme stress but i wouldn't be actively thinking about it.
  8. letdown

letdown Guest

Yes. It's a mixture of loneliness and feeling completely alone/stranded/lost.
  9. consciousinsane

Funny you would say lost. People would ask me how you doing. i used to say, "i'm here", but I decided yesterday to instead respond with "lost".

I'm so lost today, I'm only smiling out of psychotic delusions. :blink:
  10. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

Wow..wonder who is the lucky one who isn't lonely so far?
  11. neverdie

neverdie Guest

Being lonely is my own choice, at home anyway. At work I'm very popular, but I choose to not have any friends. I chat on msn, or email, I have relitives who want to be around me everyonce in a while, but I prefer to be home alone, live alone and die alone.

All my interests are home based. I'm really not interested in going out. I drive all day at work, talk to plenty of people during the day, but when I come home, all I want to do is be alone and computerize, watch tv and be mellow.
  12. syntaxerror

syntaxerror Antiquities Friend

yes - lonely a lot - someone asked me a couple weeks ago 'how are you doing' and I said "I'm still alive" sometimes it's just "surviving" or "not a good question" most people who ask that really don't want to know it's just an automatic greeting
  13. consciousinsane

I get the automatic greeting a lot too!! I hate it. I'd rather they just ignore me. My therapist says thought that being ignored is worse than being yelled at, so maybe I'm wrong.

I'm alone at work, alone at home, and alone in my interests.
  14. Datsik

Datsik Forum Buddy

No I am not.
  15. Twitch-J

Twitch-J Guest

i'm lonely.. my significant other went away for the weekend... still hasn't called me yet.. i need a hug.. where's my dog?.. i can't find him.. i neeeeeed A HUG
  16. neverdie

neverdie Guest

17. Myself

Myself Active Member

I feel lonly alot. Over the summer mostly. I don't get to see my friends during the summer, so yeah, i feel lonly.
  18. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

19. neverdie

neverdie Guest

20. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Thanks Jeff, :hug: 's Back.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.