Are you Multi-tasker?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by boo, Jun 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Multi-taskers are considered as the geniuses created by God of the 21st century. Have you ever wondered what is it that multi-taskers do that you can’t? The answer is nothing. Stanford University researchers have challenged a prevailing myth that multi-taskers are better at processing and organizing information. The people who multi-task the most are the ones who are worst at it and are less able to ignore irrelevant information than people who do less multitasking.

The survey was conducted on 262 college undergraduates, dividing them into high and low multitasking groups and comparing such things as memory, ability to switch from one task to another and being able to focus on a task. Researchers gave the students a form listing a variety of media such as print, television, computer-based video, music, computer games, telephone voice and text. The researchers had thought that people who do a lot of multitasking would be good at ignoring irrelevant information but it wasn’t so.

Blah blah blah... so are you multitasker?

I'm not. I can barely pee and look at my watch... lol

2. Monsieur

Monsieur Well-Known Member

Multi-tasking? Heavens no, I'm awful that at! :biggrin: I'm more of the type that becomes somewhat obsessively engrossed in a particular activity (the degree of obsessiveness depends on my interest in it of course).

3. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

If I have a conversation with someone whilst typing I would type the convo, So I would say I am not lol.

4. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I'm a woman aren't I........:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

*prepares for things to be thrown at me*

5. boo

boo Well-Known Member

boo:boxer: VS :boxer: IV

6. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

I can actually multi -task Boo so watch out ....:angel:

:surrender: now

7. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

I am the king at multi tasking and yes i am a man.

For example, i have 6 conversations going on on MSN, im also on here and facebook at the same time and im texting people as well!!

I shall be awaiting my god status anytime now

8. boo

boo Well-Known Member

OmW!!! I can barely keep up with 2 people on msn.

9. Rowan

Rowan Banned Member

Im normally pretty good at multi-tasking.
    Right now Im on sf in the chat,
    Three conversations on msn,
    Texting five people,
    Blasting music lol
    And pissing off my mother all at the same time :]
    Oh yeah, and being in pain from my stomach. :/

10. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

I like watching the news on tv while on my laptop on SF and on msn, so I guess that's multitasking. :D

11. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I'm HORRIBLE at multi tasking!!!

12. Kaos General

Yeah we know lol

13. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

Wayne...:bottom:

Alison....:worthy:

:IrishDoll:

14. Things

Things Well-Known Member

I think it's less multi-tasking more that I can't focus on one thing for very long. :p I always seem to be doing two things at once.

15. Kaos General

Yeah im a multi tasker, i can punch a man in his soul, i made a giraffe by uppercutting a horse and when god said let there be light he had to ask for my permission. I did all this at the same time as simply walking into mordor and destrpoying the ring in 10 minutes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.