Are you okay with being depressed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doityourself

I mean really just because we are depressed doesnt make us any less human than the next person. Why do we feel so bad over things we cant control? Why do we constantly beat ourselves up, we are depressed. We wouldnt think that way of a terminal illness, so why in our minds does it make us less of a person? Why should people look down on us.

We are not useless, we contribute to this world!!!!!

If you think about it, it makes us better...Asking why??? Its because most depressed people have huge hearts and actually care what goes on around them and in this world. Cant say that for alot of "happy" people Ive met.

Its not fair that we get harrassed or discriminated against, we shouldnt have to hide, or be fake. We are who we are and thats that!!!

So today Im celebrating the fact that yes Im alive, Im alive with depression.

HomerSimpson

I think with me I have become more open with being depressed. If a friend asks "how are you doing" I come out and just say depressed as hell. At the same time sometimes I feel guilty about it, because without a doubt I know many more are worse off than I am.

I have no friends.

I am depressed and useless.

I have no way to get an internship in my field, I have no money, I have a crappy job and no skills needed to get a better job.
I am in college having to take out a loan for college I can't afford...

I am tired of complaining about the same stuff, someone like domo usually comes on to tell me off or say "always the same thing".

I don't really post much, not as much anyhow, as I did before.

I want to die, not celebrate.

doityourself

I have no friends.

I am depressed and useless.

I have no way to get an internship in my field, I have no money, I have a crappy job and no skills needed to get a better job.
I am in college having to take out a loan for college I can't afford...

I am tired of complaining about the same stuff, someone like domo usually comes on to tell me off or say "always the same thing".

I don't really post much, not as much anyhow, as I did before.

I want to die, not celebrate.

Prof you have more going for you than you give credit for, I will be a smartass and name a few, lol.

*your going to college
*you have internet
*you have the option of taking out a loan
*your going to college to build those skills to get a job
*your smart
*you do have people who care, its just they are not in your face screaming that they love and need you.
* your still alive
* you have the chance to change your life
*you feel, it may not be what you want but your still feeling

Yes these may seem to be little to you, but you can grow on them and make them bigger. Your also not useless, youve said many nice things to me, that means even though your still hurting you care enough to contribute to this site. to me that means alot.

Hugs

Prof you have more going for you than you give credit for, I will be a smartass and name a few, lol.

*your going to college
*you have internet
*you have the option of taking out a loan
*your going to college to build those skills to get a job
*your smart
*you do have people who care, its just they are not in your face screaming that they love and need you.
* your still alive
* you have the chance to change your life
*you feel, it may not be what you want but your still feeling

Yes these may seem to be little to you, but you can grow on them and make them bigger. Your also not useless, youve said many nice things to me, that means even though your still hurting you care enough to contribute to this site. to me that means alot.

Hugs
I may be in college but that guarantees nothing.
I had to take out a loan because even though I couldn't afford community college and got financial aid, the four year school I am transferring determined I can afford them and they cost twice as much as my previous school (yes, I look into scholarships, I considered all possibilities for money).

Now I need to get an internship to even have a chance at getting into my field but no business around me offers internships in my field and to seek one out I need to leave the state but with my crappy job and college loans, I won't be able to afford to leave my state to seek out an internship which would most likely pay little to nothing and therefore I wouldn't be able to live where my internship takes place.

I am intelligent, intelligent to know my life will end with me as a failure and then I'll kill myself.

Mr Stewart

Are you okay with being depressed?
Interesting question. I've never thought about it. It's been so long I don't know any other way to be. If the question is, are you okay with being? The answer is no.

The question that bothers me the most is slightly different. Do I want to get better? That scares me. Depression (and some other abnormal stuff) is my personality. If that is taken away, what will I become? Do I want to change? Even if I'm happy the world will still be the same. I don't want to live in the world.

.... okay. Okay. I will live today and I will live tomorrow. I will stop thinking about this.

doityourself

I may be in college but that guarantees nothing.
I had to take out a loan because even though I couldn't afford community college and got financial aid, the four year school I am transferring determined I can afford them and they cost twice as much as my previous school (yes, I look into scholarships, I considered all possibilities for money).

Now I need to get an internship to even have a chance at getting into my field but no business around me offers internships in my field and to seek one out I need to leave the state but with my crappy job and college loans, I won't be able to afford to leave my state to seek out an internship which would most likely pay little to nothing and therefore I wouldn't be able to live where my internship takes place.

I am intelligent, intelligent to know my life will end with me as a failure and then I'll kill myself.
I know your going through so much right now with all the stresses of life and the growing up part, its not an easy thing to do, and tbh I didnt start to feel "settled" until my 30s, and Im only 33. I hope the same happens to you, not that Im not depressed or anything, Im just tired of that being my label.

Theres always going to be struggles in life, ifs its anything like mine, its one thing after another. But some of those things help you guide yourself to the right next step, if that makes any sense. Like the student loans, well your going to have to get a job (I would also look into the new payback programs, see if they can be spread out a little more-I think this maybe a option if you get behind), and maybe the job you do get will teach you something about yourself. If you get one close to school, maybe the word of mouth will get you closer to the internship your looking for.

Its a damn shame that school costs so much, I hate that you have to take out loans for more than your probably going to make in the first couple years.

But once you graduate and look back at the accomplishment that you achieved, that proudness, that self courage should help you along the way. Also if you havent looked into you local library, do that for interneship, they always know someone whos looking for someone. It is a really hard field to get in to?

Dont be so sure on the next chapter of your life, we changed and see differant things every single day. Dont count down your days, then you wont live the ones you do have left. Hugs, PM anytime you want to chat, okay.

Avarice

If all you ever think of youself as is a failure, then that's all you'll ever be.

I response to OP: No, I'm not okay with it, but I've come to accept it at least. If anything it'll make me stronger and more resilient in the long run. I'd like to think it'll also make me more compassionate, so that I can help other people who suffer from it in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00