1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you okay?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by What Ever, Jul 31, 2015.

1. What Ever

What Ever Active Member

NO, I am not OKAY. I am not okay when you ask me what is wrong constantly. Maybe what is wrong, why I am not okay, is that you are constantly asking me what is wrong. Maybe nothing is wrong. Maybe I was fine before you said something was wrong. Maybe I would be fine if you didn't keep questioning me, but I can't be angry, because you are just trying to help. You are just CONCERNED.

Let me ask YOU a question:
    What came first? The illness or the diagnosis?

I honestly don't know.

2. danni

danni Chat Buddy

:hug:

3. What Ever

What Ever Active Member

Thanks for the hug. I feel like everyone is constantly telling me that I should be happy or telling me that it's a beautiful day. Maybe those people are happy, maybe it is a beautiful day for them, but they shouldn't force it on me. They can't just make me happy or make me feel that the day is good just because they say I should be or say it is.

In fact, these comments make me feel WORSE than I already do because I feel like I am supposed to be a certain way and that I am wrong for feeling otherwise. As if the pain wasn't enough then there is the guilt over having the pain.

I AM NOT happy today. I am scared and lonely and unsure of everything. That should be okay, but people make me think it is not and now I feel even worse.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hiyas! Big hugs to you :hug: :hugs:

Could you ask those people in a nice mannerly way to NOT ask you questions like that because you'd prefer not to answer them or because they are a constant reminder of something. You need not to tell them why just ask them not to ask you. Hugs to you and hope today was a decent enough day for you.

5. What Ever

What Ever Active Member

I suppose that I could ask them that in a nice mannerly way. I wonder what their response will be. If it comes up again I may try. I have had some decent days lately, thank you for your advice, kindness, and concern.

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

You are very welcome. I wish you all the best. This site will always be available for you as a healthy outlet for you.