Are you over your ex?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by fromthatshow, May 18, 2009.

?

Are you over your ex?

1. yes

16 vote(s)
    22.5%
  2. no

34 vote(s)
    47.9%
  3. I'm trying

10 vote(s)
    14.1%
  4. what ex?

11 vote(s)
    15.5%
  1. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Who here is still not over their ex?

It's been a little over a year for me.

2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

About a year as well for me. I'm basically over him but everytime I see a picture or something it hurts like it was yesterday.

3. Zirone

Zirone Well-Known Member

4 weeks. I don't think it's gonna go away, she's always on my mind.

4. ~Tosh~

~Tosh~ Forum Buddy

although he is the father of my daughter, i hate him with every bone in my body. he never understood me, thought i was being 'silly' when in fact i had post natal depression. he was unsupportive and childish. so.. yeah im over him, i dont wanna know him, i never ever want him back!

IM FREE AND SINGLE AND LOVING IT :biggrin:

5. Beautiful Disaster

Beautiful Disaster Forum Buddy SF Supporter

no and I never will be

6. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

About 2 years for me (after 12 years of marriage) and it was only just recently, what makes it worse is we are now really good friends.

7. Pad

Pad Well-Known Member

It's only been about 3 weeks and im trying, but im finding it very hard. We still talk and it hurts like hell. I know exactly what you mean by being frends makes it worse, it's like a constant reminder for me. Im thinking about telling her how i feel and maybe we shouldn't be friends because it's too much, like something being dangled in front of your nose and you're not allowed to have it. I'm scared that there might still be a chance for us though, I feel trapped

8. plates

plates Well-Known Member

no, i find myself actually wanting her in my bed holding me again.........you'd think that i'd miss this right at the beginning but it's only recently i miss that. i miss her comforting me. shows how much i'm distant? from my need to be loved/held. my parents use to praise me when i was younger, saying i never needed anything. i was so self sufficient, i'd never ask for anything. when i need it and realise how much i need a simple hug from someone who i love, i feel terrified and want to harm myself :rolleyes:.

but generally i don't want to go back to her. i don't want a relationship with her but i miss being held when i'm ill, scared and needing comfort.

9. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

8 months and mostly over here. But everytime I see her.......:sad:

10. joelttVA1

joelttVA1 Member

I'm of the mindset that if I even truly get over someone, I was never that into them in the first place. That being said, I still think about my first gf from high school...don't think I'll ever be over her. Most everyone since...not so much.

11. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

I implied that the fourth option could mean that you've never had an ex so I voted for that one I guess...

12. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Not over her. She'll haunt me until I die, I think... which will hopefully be sooner rather than later. I had a nightmare about her again last night, felt like shit all day today because of it. I miss her so much. :(

Edit: texted her, fucking retard that I am. She won't reply. We never broke up. She just sort of disappeared... Goddamnit all.

13. Maaso

Maaso Well-Known Member

Its been almost four months now...and EVERY time I go to lie down and try to sleep. I still to this day roll over to put my arm around her and tell her good night and that I love her. She hasnt been there for four months...

Do I miss her? Yes
    Am I over her? No
    Does it hurt me? Yes

I miss her so much and still think about her

14. Dying_Dreams

Dying_Dreams Well-Known Member

Its been 4 weeks and i will never be over him,

15. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

Not lately, given how lonely its been. And to think I was the one that dumped her. Serves me right...

16. BriGuy

BriGuy Antiquities Friend

I voted no, because I am deeply in love with him... but I can't really call him my ex either... because even though things are royally fucked right now, he swore to me that he isn't gone... but we aren't talking either, so it FEELS like he is gone.

17. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

yes yes yes yes

yes i am sooooo over him. it was a few bloody painful weeks.
    then a sharp realization that i had been ''over'' him long before he supposedly 'dumped' me. i was just doing my 'duty'. being the good wifey.

how could i be in love with someone who treated me so badly?? and badly from the start, even though i didn't open my eyes to see it 5 yrs ago...

nice thread. i needed to see this in print. looks soooo right.

18. stevs2

stevs2 Active Member

6 weeks and counting. Cry daily.

19. plates

plates Well-Known Member

that's how it was for me, in one sense, in another ok, i missed her contact. i'm still thinking about something i just don't get it...i just don't get how someone can be so arrogant like herself.

20. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I'm not over my exwife. She is the mother of my two boys. I hate the way she became so brainwashed by her church and by her mother, that it infuriates me.

But yeah, I am evil now. According to her family.