• Yes and i do feel ashamed.

Votes: 6 9.0%
  • No i am not.

Votes: 48 71.6%
  • Make love not war. Peace!

Votes: 9 13.4%

• Total voters

boo

Do you think promiscuity and low self-esteem go hand in hand?
I have seen many woman randomly give their most precious possession (their bodies) to anyone that would take it. I'm not one to police ANYONE'S sex life and I can understand why a woman would risk pregnancy, communicable diseases, and an all-out bad reputation by randomly sleeping with just anyone. Of coarse this can apply to men also.
So are you and do you feel ashamed?

ZombiePringle

Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend
I'm not. But I'm at the point that I'm sick of relationships and whatever happens, happens. I'm not saying I'm just going to go sleep around...however if the opportunity comes up I might just go for it. I was informed by my what I thought was my fiance the other day that we are no longer together so... yeah. She seems to be wanting to talk to all these guys and what not so why shouldn't I start talking to girls again? as in "date" talk not just friend talk.

Bambi

I am not...too depressed to be sleeping around and few opportunities worth the effort...I still believe in true love, silly me....

KittyGirl

I have the opposite problem << if you can call it a problem... sometimes I feel like it is.
Even though my ex broke it off with me almost a year ago- if I have a single thought about another person, I feel like I'm betraying him, or doing something wrong.

...it's really frustrating. I wish I could just let go and be an open love and peace kinda girl~

I'm not so much anymore, although I have had a couple of one night stands this year. I used to be.... very much so and it made me feel worse about myself because I was doing it to feel attractive/wanted.

plates

Do you think promiscuity and low self-esteem go hand in hand?
Not for everyone.

Vita Infinita said:
I have seen many woman randomly give their most precious possession (their bodies) to anyone that would take it.
They might not see it as giving anything away- rather some may see it as having sex, full stop, without any value judgements on losing anything or giving anything away.

I'm not one to police ANYONE'S sex life and I can understand why a woman would risk pregnancy, communicable diseases, and an all-out bad reputation by randomly sleeping with just anyone

There could be many reasons ie, they want to have a good time. Or like you say, low self worth along with many other reasons could be involved. Also their 'reputation' to certain people might mean very little, because they are sexually confident.

Vita Infinita said:
Of coarse this can apply to men also.
Yeah, but you don't see the same thoughts being directed to men as much do you?

So are you and do you feel ashamed?
I am not 'promiscuous', I dislike that term, because it assumes a norm of usually- female sexuality. But, if I was enjoying myself and both people were being responsible in terms of safety and contraception- what is the problem?

And if I was taking part in unsafe sex for whatever reason, why should I feel ashamed? Does shame fill any purpose here, other than reinforcing guilt and low self worth rather than learning anything and thinking about how to avoid that situation again, if it could have been avoided?

Last edited by a moderator:

Prinnctopher's Belt

Antiquities Friend
SF Supporter
Do they go hand in hand? I'd imagine so in many instances. It's understandable that someone with low-self esteem who is dependent on sexual experiences for validation or to feel attractive, etc. would constantly seek that out.

aoeu

I think they often do go hand-in-hand, though not necessarily. I'm trying to get a 14 year old girl I know well who looks to me for advice to stop sleeping with guys 3x her age (legal age where she lives: 17) which she does due to low self-esteem... ugh.

I'm not promiscuous, but it's pretty much impossible to be promiscuous if you're a guy with social anxiety.

KittyGirl

Someone said something that actually made me think a bit... lol
me?! THINK?! Wut? XD

I could not be promiscuious *because* of my low self esteem. I can't even look at myself naked; let alone allow someone else to see. -__- The thought of allowing someone to see, even if they were totally drunk- just makes my skin crawl. ><

Viro

I'm not promiscuous in the slightest, probably because I am unable to ejaculate. That tends to stop me from trying to have sex..

:paperbag:

Sa Palomera

I used to be rather promiscuous. It's gotten less over the years though, thanks to the friends I've made around where I live and them showing me that you don't have to have sex to feel loved. It often just made me feel worse really.

crunchie

I was.. Calmed down quite a bit though.. I guess I tried to get some kind of validation by sleeping around.. It always made me feel way worse after, but for some reason I just could not help it.. It definitely has something to do with my low self esteem, and bad relationships..

paulhewson

I'm not promiscuous, kind of wish I was. It would take care of some of the boredom. I can relate to getting into out bad relationships, or relationships that have no hope of succeeding, and ending relationships that would actually be very good for me. I don't know why I do that.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I was extremely promiscuous in my very early teenage years. I would have sex with literally any man that wanted to. Very ashamed to say it but I did end up pregnant by 14. I miscarried. Now though, I believe what was wrong, was stemmed from rape/abuse that I had suffered before my promiscuity and also borderline personality disorder. I couldn't even count how many men I have had sex with , but it was a lot. ... then I stayed in my home for 5 years. Ended up in a psych ward where I met my first real boyfriend, he stole a lot of my money and took complete advantage of me, had another relationship then with someone else I met in a psych ward, we will have been together 2 years this coming May. I love him with all my heart. Strangely we haven't had sex in so long, I can't even remember the last time. But the thing is I got a reputation and wonder do I still have it. :unsure:

I don't know where I'd fit in... I've never had sex (but a horny woman and no I'm not ashamed to get what I need), but I do have low self-esteem and I don't want to be a virgin. Mostly, I feel so bad on most days that I do feel like I should give myself to anyone--doesn't matter how abusive or whatever they are... I just don't want to be a virgin and I don't wan to be alone anymore. Good thing that not even abusive assholes find me attractive.

guage

Well this is an odd thread to see this morning as I was just contemplating my former sex life. I am mid 30's now and only fell in love five years ago . Well I use to be VERY , trying desperately to reach my fifth century tab (500) but stopped at 335. When I fell in love with a girl that has been with at least 1000, no shit no joke , although I did not know this when I fell in love with her , nor so I think it would have mattered. It a very odd situation, although we both marries different people we just got back into contact , and actually shared our real feelings, and have become even better friends. Neither one of us are ashamed nor regretful , well for the most part lmao we do both actually regret marring our spouses .

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00