are you really looking for a cure?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by emily83, Sep 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

just wondering how many people here at SF actually are looking to get better, and how many are actually hear for other reasons like company or what ever- it's aquestion that just popped in to my head

with me, i think life's pointless no matter what's said to me here- you know i've made up my mind to finish it all, which is unfortunate, but that's how i feel.. i am mainly here to b around people who feel the same- and to actually feel wanted somewhere and not be pushed away.

difficult going through life when everyone just ignores your very existance- so that's why i'm here... i'm here to make friends, share in the good times, and share experiences

thoughts?

are you looking to get better?. or like me, just hear for company

2. Ima.robot

Ima.robot Senior Member

Im here to try to get better and also know im not alone. If i wasnt I would already be gone, simple as that.

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I was here to get better, but that didn't work...so I guess mostly for company, although most of the people I got to know don't talk to me anymore.

4. Anon06

Anon06 Member

Is it even possible to be cured? I'm not an expert but I suppose that in most cases it isn't. At least to a certain extent.
    Yet if you're here it means that you are looking, if not for a cure, at least for some kind of improvement in your life. Even if it's just company, as long as it makes you feel at least a little bit better, it is an improvement; and if you long for such a thing it means that you're still somewhat clinging to life.
    Honestly I do not wish to get "better", if that means to become a "normal" person, because all the normal people I ever met weren't exactly a role-model to my eyes.

5. themute

themute Active Member

for the company. i can't even get the courage to tell a therapist that i have thoughts of suicide, and last time i tried to bring up as casually as possible with a friend it really backfired. it's nice to just be able to be open about this and not have to worry about people contacting authorities to send me to a psych ward

6. Kim Novak

Kim Novak Well-Known Member

I come here when I am feeling suicidal. I could never call a help line, or go to the ER. I read new posts, or entries from the cafe. I rarely post, and I'm too frightened to go to Chat. I don't think there is a cure. It's not easy to kill hourself, but sometimes it's the only one you have.

7. shadowheart

shadowheart Well-Known Member

Nope. Not at all.
    I shy away from anything that might make me feel better.
    It's hard to explain. I used to be one of those happy normal people. But something always felt off.
    Then I became depressed and it was awful. But it also felt like coming home. Like I was finally the person that I was always meant to be.
    I'm still depressed. And I'm definitely not happy. But I'm comfortable like this. It feels real to me.

8. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

I am trying very very hard to keep my head above water. To stay healthy and to fight my mental health problems. By taking my meds and running through all of my coping mechanisms and the coping mechanisms my CBT therapist taught me when mood destabilizes. Some days I win and some days it beats me. But I am not prepared to accept defeat yet. Not yet.

I am here because this is a place where everyone has been there. Bottom of the damned pit of despair where there is no hope. It helps. To know I am not alone. Even if most of the time I am here I'm not talking about depression/ocd/autism. It still helps.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2013
  9. jell

jell Well-Known Member

I guess I was stumbled onto this site by accident, but it is nice to have ppl actually understand how I am, feel etc. I hold on for my children I would love to be "cured" but don't believe there is one, I just want my children not to suffer so to speak to ppl who are on a similar wavelength to me feels better in some way because you just get it.....

10. the black raven

the black raven Well-Known Member

I'm looking to get better, and to make friends :)
    I guess that's why I'm here, some people are really understanding. Mostly..... Some just need help beyond reason, becayse they can't deal with anything else, which is understandable.

11. sweetles

sweetles Well-Known Member

for the company. i know/understand i cannot really "get better." but to have a human connection, even for a little while...that would be nice. that is all i seek now.

12. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

not a cure just some stability some light

13. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

part of me wants to be better, but another part of me is afraid to get help...in both cases I do want company, a few friends, a boyfriend that understands and have similar hobbies etc...

I think part of me has grown quite used to being unhappy and depressed, so I think unconsciously I am scared to new things, like getting better...but I know that I need to get better for myself...I'm realizing that when I'm better, things are easier to handle...idk...I'm ambiguous about it I guess...or I make no sense...

14. Ima.robot

Ima.robot Senior Member

No you make sense I know exactly what you mean. I think I and a lot of other people are the same way, where subconsiously or something it is more comfortable and safe to be unhappy and afraid to try some things to change. It REALLY is hard to turn things around, but being self aware like this is the first step in my opinion.

15. Danialla

Danialla Well-Known Member

I want a CURE. I want to enjoy life without the constant struggle to live it. And that is only the struggle in my own head. ::throws hands up::

16. the black raven

the black raven Well-Known Member

I wish I feel better. I forgot how to feel normal, without feeling all this shits in my head :/
    Meds can't help erasing these thoughts. I hope there is something to erase it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.