Are You Really Sure Faeries Dont Exist

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

roewanne

i think they might. there is this kewl sad,,very sad book of faeries i have seen i someday will get a copy. hehe the book is about a little girl who knows where the faeries are and she takes her scrap book and goes and sits and waits patiently in the forest untill a fearie comes out to see her.. the fearie lands on her book AND SPLAT SHE SLAMS THE BOOK SHUT the book has pictures of sad squished faeries. i am a horrible person for wanting this book but it is pretty kewl seeing as i am unsure if they do indeed exist.

A

ArborrealArthur

Perhaps the maverick dance of tornado funnel shows us in its passion a paranormal conduit awakening, within such cacophany a deceased farmer's song, pulling up remnants of unorganized world. a fragrant soil he tilled and labored over, while his nutrients drowned him in syrup of memories. boards of wood splinter apart from old cottages, the kind which once mothered him safely in their arms. he feels the black shame of cows and livestock in suffering, the dried up terraces raped and scarred. The funnel extends conelike down upon hillsides, from the milky cloud canopy, cumulonimbus sweeping, seeds of a storm, l'enfant terrible. at its narrowest point, here exists the farmer, weeping, clutching his chest, forever harvesting.

jameslyons

:)

Maybe.

I once visited Ireland and followed a Leprechaun for its pot of gold. I found him in the corner of my eye while sitting in a pub. I got off the bar stool, followed him out the door, then down the street.

I ended up following him to his home before he turned around and confronted me--it was just a very nervous, pissed off little person :biggrin:

James.

Puppy

Of course faeries exist.

Is the book you're on about illustrated by Brian Froud? Because I know there's a book full of pictures of squashed faeries and it's by him.

ToHelp

^ Yep!

:)
Maybe.

I once visited Ireland and followed a Leprechaun for its pot of gold. I found him in the corner of my eye while sitting in a pub. I got off the bar stool, followed him out the door, then down the street.

I ended up following him to his home before he turned around and confronted me--it was just a very nervous, pissed off little person :biggrin:

James.
it was just a very nervous, pissed off little person :biggrin:

LOL That was great James.

ToHelp

Perhaps the maverick dance of tornado funnel shows us in its passion a paranormal conduit awakening, within such cacophany a deceased farmer's song, pulling up remnants of unorganized world. a fragrant soil he tilled and labored over, while his nutrients drowned him in syrup of memories. boards of wood splinter apart from old cottages, the kind which once mothered him safely in their arms. he feels the black shame of cows and livestock in suffering, the dried up terraces raped and scarred. The funnel extends conelike down upon hillsides, from the milky cloud canopy, cumulonimbus sweeping, seeds of a storm, l'enfant terrible. at its narrowest point, here exists the farmer, weeping, clutching his chest, forever harvesting.
Arthur.

Nice read! Definite and distinctive prose style. The real question is can you relate or correlate the piece to the OP's question and add relevance to this topic?

A

ArborrealArthur

It is not possible for one species of faerie to evolve into another. The genetic variation within any gene-pool does not allow for this. Moreover, Leprechauns are ocean dwelling creatures.

Selective breeding experiments in a wide variety of species have confirmed this. While it is possible to create smaller or larger ones, bigger nosed or bushier tailed ones or the contradictory, all of this can only occur within specific, finite and well understood limits using the pre-existing genetic variation. You cannot selectively breed a trait that isn't already present in the gene-pool of that species.

Hence why 'natural selection' by itself, was given up upon as a mechanism for evolution. Mutations were then enlisted to help dig them out of a hole.... or so they hoped! But mutations have been well-studied also. The link i gave on an earlier post made a convincing, evidence-based argument for why mutations cannot facilitate evolution inter-specium. The mutation experiments involving flying octopuses are compelling evidence against the erroneous belief that they can. Mutations are always harmful and weaken an organism, never strengthen it. The mutated die out, they don't prosper and no new species have, or ever could be, created this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00