Are you satisfied with an average life?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by crunchie, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crunchie

crunchie Well-Known Member

As Marina puts it;
    "Cause it´s my problem
    If I want to pack up and run away
    It´s my business if I feel the need to
    Smoke and drink and sway
    It´s my problem it´s my problem
    If I feel the need to hide
    And it´s my problem if I have no friends
    And feel I want to die"
  2. efgywsdfa

efgywsdfa Member

No. But I don't live even a average life any way.
  3. crunchie

I´m sorry to hear that you feel that way. What do you think would make you feel better about things? I have loads of ideas about my life, most are unavailable to me, but dreams are what keeps me alive..
  4. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

It's good to dream, to have a vision.

I am so thankful that my attempt did not work........ I am so thankful that I've been given another chance. I don't care that it's not a brilliant life according to other peoples' standards. It's my life and I know how to run it now, whereas before I was didn't and a tsunami came and knocked me over.......

And I love SF because everyone here is so genuine :)
  5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I don't even have an average life, but I don't have to worry about that for much longer.
  6. efgywsdfa

efgywsdfa Member

I think one thing that would make me feel better would be to succeed in something or excel at something. I never done that in real life. While this is starting to feel unlikely, I have a crazy plan about moving to Philippines (lives in Sweden and have never been even east of Finland). My reasoning is that
    1 This would mean that I leave all "bad reminders" behind
    2 In comparison with many Filipinos, my life wouldn't seem so bad
    3 I have some unfounded belief that the people of Philippines are friendly and simple people that I would magically feel more at home with (this is probably not true in my case)
    4 The economic situation would turn me from poor to sort of well off. Which in turn would make it possible to pay for help with the household/every day stuff. While this is possible in Sweden, it comes with high costs and/or stigma/shame.
    5 I could help street children and thereby get something meaningful to do, rather than just being unemployed here.
    6 The change of perspective could have a positive effect and inspire me.
  7. crunchie

I think it sounds like a good dream.. Why shouldnt you be able to go through with it.. It would take some courage to take off like that!
    You dream of helping others, and that is surely a great goal in life.. And why not the Phillipines? It´s warm, I agree the people seem very friendly.. And you´d get a bit more sun than Scandinavia gets..

I wish you all the best!
  8. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Why, Christy? Just the passage of time I hope hun :)
  9. ksmith86

ksmith86 Well-Known Member

What's so bad about an "average" life?

Wouldn't it be great waking up next to someone you love every day? Working only 40 hours a week at a job you don't mind to provide for yourself and your family comfortably?

The reason why "average" people live "average" lives has nothing to do with their capabilities, in my opinion. We all want pretty much the same things and we all in one way or another have success in achieving them. I don't need billions of dollars or control of the universe to be happy :)
  10. crunchie

I´m pretty sure an average life would be fine, if it suits you.. I just find that I dont seem to fit the box.. I have the need to run away some times, need to do stuff other people dont seem to feel the need to so.. Unfortunately.. Because I would have loved to be happy.. But I dont think an average life would do that for me.. Maybe nothing will.. What do I know..
  11. Lps

Lps Well-Known Member

I have zero patience for a lame life. I'm kinda demanding like that. Going to another country (if you feel like it), traveling, do whatever you have to to use your life for something you want.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.