Are you scared to die?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by wastedmylife, Sep 1, 2008.

?

Are you scared of death?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    26.9%
  3. Maybe

2 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. Sometimes

7 vote(s)
    26.9%
  5. Not Sure

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

I use to be always, and still am, now I am realizing how much pain I am in and I have brief moments where I dont care anymore and think I am getting over my fear of death, these seem to be the only moments of my life where I find some peace

2. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

3. wastedmylife

do you believe in god? So if you were having a heart attack now and were told you were probably going to die you wouldnt be scared, other then the discomfort of having a heart attack

4. Spearmint

I don't believe in god, no. And yep, that's right, I wouldn't be scared. Nothing to be scared of.

5. danni

danni Chat Buddy

yea I'm sometimes, but it also depends in a way on how we were going to die

6. wastedmylife

damn you are my hero, I only wish to obtain your mindset, I wonder if your mindset is normal and mine is abnormal

so if you were feeling really low and basically hopeless you would have no problem killing yourself?

7. wastedmylife

so if you thought you were going to die in your sleep or some peaceful non painful or not to painful way you wouldnt mind?

I think a large portion of my problem is this obsession I had with death when I was younger, it is funny I never thought about it, I was always so freaked out about death and eternal blackness that it just scared me, I use to tell myself they would probably make a cure for death for me by the time I grew up

8. Spearmint

Haha, that's nice in an odd way. And I'm pretty sure mine is abnormal, I don't think people usually have no fear of death. But yeah, if I had a way to do it that was for sure, I'd do it with no problem. :dunno:

9. danni

danni Chat Buddy

well to die in my sleep no i wouldn't be afraid of it.

I was scared of death growing up but now i'm more like if it happen then it happen's, I might still ne a lil but whatever happen happen i can't change it.

10. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I'm scared of the unknown.

11. AlexDanish

AlexDanish Account Closed

If it was a long and painful death, sure. Something like cancer would suck. But actually dying is a different story. I'm not afraid to actually die, it's just that the most painful processes are somewhat scary.

12. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

I don't fear death at all, but I do fear how I may die, could be quite painful for all I know.

13. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

Yes I am, but that won't stop me from taking my own life.

14. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I am afraid of death but it seems (in my present depressed condition) to be the only way to end my decline from OCD, GAD and clinical depression. I wish I was born thirty or forty years later than I was so the advanced designer drugs in the near future would have spared me an over two decades long pounding.

Even if I were to respond to a medication and be symptom free I am terrified of the physical and cognitive decline of a person toward the end of life. I believe I would end my life immediately if I were diagnosed with Alzheimer's, Parkinson's disease (my Aunt is ravaged by it) a stroke and other incapacitating diseases suffered by people after middle age.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.