are you scared you could kill someone?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by aquila, Jun 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aquila

aquila Member

Sometimes I feel scared that I might just loose it and kill someone.

I can feel lot of hate sometimes and just feel like I want to kill people. But of course I know it's wrong and all that, I can control myself, but it's really comforting to think about sometimes.

However I have had very strong experiences when I want to kill myself lately, and I realize that those moments I'm not really thinking as I usually do. I don't know that condition very well so I don't really know how I will think. Sometimes I'm scared I will come into a situation so bad I just loose my mind and have those wanna-kill-someone-thoughts and do something stupid. :blink::blink:

Anyone else who is scared of that?
    How do I know if I'm "dangerous" or if I'm just having fantasies that will stay fantasies?
  2. aquila

aquila Member

I also wonder if it's common to have these morbid thoughts of killing people? Maybe I've lost it already??? I tried to explain to a friend and he didn't want to talk with me anymore...:unsure:
  3. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I haven't had serious thoughts about killing anyone so I can't really relate to your post, but I'm sure some other people on here can, hopefully they'll respond. I'd just like to say I really think you should talk to someone about how you're feeling and why you're feeling this way - I think it's important you tackle these issues headon so that the chances of you acting out these fantasies keep slim, maybe as time goes on these thoughts will leave you. Good luck and take care, if you'd like to talk about why you have thoughts about killing people please feel free to say or drop a PM, will try to help all I can.
  4. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

are you generally feeling angry or are these long drawn out fantasies you're having of methodically going out and killing someone?

i have a lot of rage. i don't think i'd ever hurt anyone but i feel okay with saying and expressing my rage that i do feel extremely violent. it's frightening that all this violence has been inwardly turned all these years.

mostly my 'killing' are psychological defense mechanisms to get poisonous people out of my head- my therapist actively encourages me to keep myself safe and do that- to try and rob them of any harmful power they might have over me to make me harm MYSELF, so i've done that all the time- just pretend that they aren't there.

reading your post you just sound worried that you'll kill someone in a rage.

what's making you angry?

if you are worried, i'd just keep yourself away from people or create some distance between you and the people who are getting to you.

a psychiatrist once told me that homicidal thoughts are normal, especially if they make you scared. :dunno: i know i didn't trust a thing that was coming out of his mouth though.

my thoughts aren't homicidal they are just vaguely violent full stop. i'm just angry and there's nothing wrong with anger. maybe you're scared of your feelings somehow?

take care.

5. Mephorash

Mephorash Member

To answer your question I first have to know:

Why is it wrong?
  6. Blacksheep

Blacksheep Well-Known Member are not alone in this issue, i know all about how repressed anger wants to let itself out, all over the people who cause it. now im not sure what your life is like, or even if im saying the right thing...but when i get those feelings of rage, all i do is imagine that person's family. how they would react to how i released my anger upon them...that usually keeps me from, well lets say "giving them a booboo".

or i just wail on my walls, it works, i got scars to prove it.

p.s. i do get very afraid of what i will do to a person when i am provoked. but if i could control fear i wouldnt need to talk to people on this site...
  7. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

I'm not scared of killing someone or the possibility of my killing someone.

The only thing I am afraid of is the punishment and the mess.
    My life is fukked up good enough as it is, I don't need prison.
  8. Trance

Trance Well-Known Member

Well to answer your question no I'm not scared that i could someday kill someone. In fact i'm surprised i've lasted this long without doing it. I'm only scared, like Mr. Everybody, of being caught and the punishment I would recieve, and knowing myself and the way i'd possibly kill someone i'd end up getting the death penalty.....:blink:

p.s. arent I just a sweetheart:laugh:
  9. For me...its not a matter of if I will...because I know eventually...I will have to kill one person, even multiple persons.......

So, to answer your question, no, i'm not scared...I'm more... ashamed and disgusted.
  10. ThoseEmptyWalls

ThoseEmptyWalls Well-Known Member

I sometimes have thoughts of killing certain people (well mostly a group of certain persons). Sometimes I get afraid that I really would but deep down I dont think I would..
  11. OutCaste

OutCaste Well-Known Member

i do get fantasies but in real life im an extremely passive person who doesn't even stand for himself. i can hardly back answer so killing someone is out of the window. its not realistic as far as i am concerned plus my conscience doesn't allow something that extreme.
  12. Broken Wings

Broken Wings Well-Known Member

God yes... It scares the life out of me, when I think back on it.

I did once have an incident... I was talking to a friend, the next I knew I was choking her, with no recolection(sp?) of how I got there. She coulda pressed charges I guess, but instead she just hugged me, and I said I was sorry.

I always feel like I'm going to hurt someone, or kill someone... It's a mix of BPD, Soc.Anx., Depression, and voices... Yay...

So, in truth, I'm scared of killing people, because I'm pretty sure I will someday, and I'm scared of the hatred of the family/friends, but I have no fear of prision (no death sentence up in Canada, eh.), and considering the circumstances, and the fact everyone knows about them, I'd probably get sent to a institution. Great...
  13. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

Yes. I'm pretty sure I could/will do it.

Something just snapped in me last night. I just don't really care anymore. :dunno:
  14. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Yeah but that someone would be me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.