Are you searching for anything?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Scum, Mar 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Someone very lovely made me realise that I'm searching for something.

I'm searching to be heard, and the way this comes across is that I'm making sure that I hear everyone else (or rather, as many people as possible). It's sort of taking the need I need met and meeting it in someone else.

I see other people on here doing similar things but with different needs (for example, attention, acceptance, being saved).

I just wondered if you think you might be searching for something and doing something similar (projecting what you are searching for onto others and meeting, or trying to meet, that need in them)?

It was just an interesting realisation to me when I finally realised it, that's what makes me ask.

2. plates

plates Well-Known Member

This is a wonderful thread.

Suppose the answer would be truths, that would heal me, as opposed to others who've manipulated, hurt and confused me?

I use this forum differently now. My ex used to say why I was searching through MH forums, I now know why. Because I was ill full stop, she couldn't understand the extent of this, and I could relate to people's pain and suffering and wanted to connect with them, and share alternatives to what they were doing, along with telling people there is more than one help offered by the world out there and people are very resourceful if they understand what they can do and are doing.

When I was getting better and concentrating on myself, I realised I needed space, safety and this place was an anchor to stop me floating off- mainly it was space to just mess around/process/vomit, use this as an alternative to self harm or suicide, and I do that in the journal section. I've been homeless till one and half years ago. I suppose I was searching for a home and a safe space. Along with being heard in some way.

3. 41021

41021 Banned Member

i am sure i do this, and i quite frequently see others do it as well, and in a variety of different ways.
    it's not limited to the forums or the internet...happens every day in non internet life too. even the work ppl choose to do. seems quite a common thing. see children do it and adults of all ages.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2010
  4. corang

corang Well-Known Member

I guess the major things Im searching for is a way to get out of this house and crappy life. Most of my problems could be solved if I find a way to do this.

5. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

this post got me thinking Scum....
    I have been searching my whole life but don't know what it is I'm searching for...
    someone to show they love me unconditionally?..
    someone to make me feel special?
    to accept me as I am but not want anything in return?....
    to tell me I'm an ok person and mean it?...
    to feel I am worthy?
    Wow (realization) .....these are the things I want to give myself but can't....
    so seems like I'm here to give others the things I also need....
    maybe ......not sure......
    what was the question again?....

6. Things

Things Well-Known Member

I'm less searching and more waiting.

I'm waiting for life to get better.
    I'm waiting to stop feeling this way.
    I'm waiting for self-improvement.
    I'm waiting for mom to get better...

But I usually end up feeling like I've missed something at the end of the day.

7. Sammakko...

Sammakko... Guest

Mirror of life....

8. cookiemonster

cookiemonster Banned Member

i think i'm looking forgiveness and acceptance. otherwise i'm just lost :sad:

9. Addy

Addy Well-Known Member

Im searching for 'meaning'

10. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I'm searching for quality of life. Over the last decade I've lost my spiritual faith which definitely leads me to despair and far more frequent depressive episodes. Along with my depression getting out of control so has my anxiety, OCD and insomnia. Because of the insomnia I am exhausted most of the time.

There has just been far more adversity than quality of life for years now.

11. Sammakko...

Sammakko... Guest

I just understood tonight that is like a mirror of life... Things here are just as bad as in real life..

12. Sammakko...

Sammakko... Guest

yes, I search staff member who I can trust and who close my account.

13. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

Sammakko you keep saying your thoughts and posts do not fit the guidelines here,
    are you in need of a place where you could put your stuff somewhere on the web without anyone interfering or judging you, i could set you up with a free website for yourself where you could write your own diary and thoughts which can be read by everybody but nobody but could but you could post there. its easy to maintain and will be your own

OP sorry for the oftopic

14. Sammakko...

Sammakko... Guest

No.

And for the staff I am not going to log in so your privatemails are not worth to send. Just close my acoount.

15. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Sammakko..do you use msn? Want to chat there? We're obviously not getting anywhere here.

16. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

I think I was at one point, but now I feel stalled. But I was, I think I was looking for unknowns in the most extremes that were benifical to everyone. Not now though, I think all Im searching for is the next distraction, which I should probably look at and stop doing.

17. Sammakko...

Sammakko... Guest

No...

18. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You cannot continue to hijack others threads saying that you want to be banned. Use the contact us link at the bottom of the page.

19. Sammakko...

Sammakko... Guest

No...

20. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

What do you want sammakko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.