Are you smart?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Hurted, Nov 19, 2008.

?

Your education is...

1. Very High

19 vote(s)
    41.3%
  2. Good

14 vote(s)
    30.4%
  3. Average

8 vote(s)
    17.4%
  4. Below average

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Are you educated?

Just vote.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2008
  2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Yeah sure :bleh:

3. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Uh... "Education" and "smart" have no relation to eachother. I'm extremely intelligent and attending post-secondary at the moment.

4. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

:agreed:

5. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

I mess up.... I meant educated, not smart!

Sorry for mistake. I'll try to fix it.

6. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Wisdom and intelligence are not the same things and whether you get a good education or not is pretty much a lottery although those from wealthier backgrounds seem to get more tickets.:smile:

7. CAD

CAD Well-Known Member

Yes, but in modern society almost everyone has the potential to become well-educated due to the mass of resources available to the population at large: the internet and libraries being obvious repositories of learning. If you have the will, there's usually a way.

8. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

Below average. I've learned more from reading the back of cereal boxes than almost any of the exam training camp sessions I've sat through.

9. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

Re: Are you educated?

I did. I'm dumber'n a post and don't give a shit. why should I :laugh:

10. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

lotta reading material on them boxes. I generally need a magnifier. I likes the
    ones that list the ingredients as.... "cereal"

but there aint many o them.

11. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

well my education is only an associates degree, but I know I am smarter then most people

I think being smart comes from life experiences and trying to achieve a peace for yourself and trying to think for yourself

I dont believe just because you have a bachelors degree or a masters degree that makes you smart, there are alot of stupid doctors and lawyers out there(most of them if you ask me) just because they can read a book and memorize some things doesnt make them smart(as they are motivated by money), like I said thinking for yourself and feeling for yourself makes you smart, not studying to get a piece of paper

12. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

In terms of knowledge, I suppose so. In terms of being able to learn the way these schools try and teach material, no.

13. Allo..

Allo.. Well-Known Member

i'm educated and smart ;)

14. I-Died-In-My-Dream

I-Died-In-My-Dream Well-Known Member

I believe I'm very stupid.

15. CAD

CAD Well-Known Member

I like the way you think, sir! I know a Consultant Psychiatrist who charges £300 an hour and he can barely write a fucking letter.

16. Whitewolf

Whitewolf Well-Known Member

For education I voted Good. For Intelligence I think I'm above average, I'm no genius unfortunately. But I do have common sense, and seeing as how it's not so common nowadays, I'm proud of it. :biggrin:

17. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

I have a BS in Business Administration, a Master's of Science in Taxation and can put the letters CPA after my name. I'm a modern day mandarin, in other words. That's me skulin'.

As to something like Spearman's g, which is supposed to measure "general intelligence?" I suspect I fall somewhere between between pond scum and horseshoe crabs. Horseshoe crab on a good day, pond scum otherwise.

And in terms of evolutionary fitness? Somewhere between Steller's Sea Cow and Dodo birds. Only the most absurd of historical conditions could have vomited forth my ridiculous sub-species, what Mencken called the boobus Americanus and I have a vague awareness I suspect my time is rapidly passing. A vague awareness I hypothesize that is all too similar to that felt by dodos when Europeans introduced dogs, cats and rats to Mauritius.

18. Whitewolf

Whitewolf Well-Known Member

Any intelligent person can see that "America as we know it", is going the way of the Dodo, and not just in terms of general intelligence. :wink:

19. my "education" is below average; very below actually. i stopped attending school in 9th grade. but despite, i believe i'm still "smart" and would condiser myself to really be above average in the intelligence department... agree or disagree... that's my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.