Are you tired of the drama?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Bambi, Jun 2, 2010.

Are you tired of the drama around here?

1. YES

22 vote(s)
  2. NO

3 vote(s)

8 vote(s)
  1. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

I know I am....
  2. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Yes. I find it distracts and goes against the values that this forum (in my opinion) stand for.
  3. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Exactly Domo....thanks for sharing you thoughts.
  4. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

Yes....I thought we were all about support and supporting others...
    not about fighting each other...?????????????????????????????????
  5. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

In some ways i like the freedom this forum has. Compared to where i was it is pretty much 'anything goes'.

However i now understand why the limitations were put in place on the forum i came from.

Perhaps something to be looked into...
  6. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Yes, I am. Unfortunately in any large group of people, there will be people that don't get along. But it needs to be kept off the site.
  7. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

The more time and effort spent on the drama, the less is available to support the people who need it..

(and yes, I know I have been guilty of it in the past..)
  8. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Yes and it goes with the nature of our disease but allowing it to play out is like enabling an alcoholic so needs to be kept off SF but we are all family and we deal with each others quirks so....
  9. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

Yes >.< I thought this would be a safe place to be able to express myself, vent help and be helped.... Now I am not sure
  10. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

Yes, very.
  11. Ouroboros

Ouroboros Chat Buddy

12. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Let's be honest here... we're in a site where depressed and suicidal people meet. Drama free? That's like people wishing for world peace, not gonna happen. Ever. Might as well wish for a perfect world where mods arent needed and people hold hands and sing hare krishna.
  13. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

I've been on a pretty much drama free mental health forum before...
  14. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Post me the site and i'll find you some drama before long.
  15. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

For personal reasons i am not going to do that.

And i didn't say there was no drama at all. 'Pretty much' meaning relatively low cases.
  16. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Well o have not experienced too much drama. However, I can say yes it is annoying. I really wish it was not here. However we are all scared and sad. Negative emotions beget other negative emotions. This is what causes drama. I am not saying it is okay. However, we have to ask ourselves how much is too much? If someone is always causing drama are they really here for help? What happens if someone bursts once and then apologizes. What is an acceptable amount of anger, which is an emotion we all experience?

Just rambling sorry.
  17. Pow

Pow Well-Known Member

I don't thinks theres that much drama but I guess thats just me.
    It is a forum remember and since people are supposed to express their views, there is bound to be conflicts.
    But overall I think we've got a pretty good community here.
  18. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

Of course I think there's bound to be some drama since we're on a suicide forum. I mean, there's drama on 'regular' forums, so of course there's going to be at least some in a place where a bunch of people who have mental illness and/or other difficult issues are thrown together. But, I just really wish the personal drama would stay off the forum. That's what MSN or PMs are for... putting it all over the forum isn't fair for anyone.
  19. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Agreed. 100%
  20. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Completely agree with Misguided Ghost. If you have a problem with an SF member on MSN, AIM, Skype, Facebook, email, or anywhere else off of SF, don't bring it here. It doesn't belong here.