Are you ugly?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Hurted, Jan 9, 2009.

Are you ugly?

1. Yes

64 vote(s)
  2. No

38 vote(s)
  3. Don't know...

15 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

At least im not stupid...
  2. Rosenrot

Rosenrot Forum Buddy

Eh, I'm not the greatest looking person on this planet, but I've sure as hell been uglier in my lifetime. I can't really dwell on crap like this when I have many other things to worry about, though. If people think I'm ugly, that's their problem.
  3. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I can't vote, but I consider myself rather attractive... But I'm standoffish, eccentric and shy, so it doesn't matter too much.
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm not ugly:mellow:
  5. stupidtv

stupidtv Member

But nah, surely there must be someone who would take me. And that's a win in my book..
  6. JohnADreams

JohnADreams Well-Known Member

Not so ugly I crack mirrors, but ugly enough :thumbup:
  7. attack_amazon

attack_amazon Well-Known Member

I'm ugly. And dumb. And I have a crappy personality. *sigh*
  8. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

All 15 people who checked yes are wrong. There is beauty in every person on this Earth, and no one can be labeled "ugly" because there will always be someone who can perceive their beauty.
  9. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

Wise words my friend.
  10. Alexpt2

Alexpt2 Well-Known Member

On the inside or the outside?

outside - decent looking guy I guess

inside - ugly as sin
  11. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Inside yes, but not outside :)
  12. MeAndYou

MeAndYou Well-Known Member

Are you generally viewed as physically unattractive by most people that pass you by? It might be easier to think this way when you are viewed as generally attractive by most.

Sure everyone has different tastes but that is within a threshold. A pretty face will likely result in the release of dopamine, (or like endorphins), in the viewers brain bringing them a "feel good" sensation whereas an unattractive face lacks that ability. Although scientific studies have revealed that a unattractive face seen often by someone who appreciates the persons attitude/outlook/personality becomes more familiar and then begins to release endorphins when seen by the person.

So while an ugly face may not be the only thing that matters in a friendship or intimate relationship, it surely matters upon first impressions as these are often based 100% on physical attributes rather than personality.
  13. T.K. Lyt

T.K. Lyt Guest

Both Yes & No.

There exists a duality of both beauty and ugliness that can be perceived in each and everyone of us, in many aspects, as human beings.

Feel free to insist otherwise, but the fact is that each of us will fall on a different place within the subjective spectrum of societal standards. But in the context of life (however unfair) it's how we view ourselves that's ultimately more important than how others label us.
  14. AlexPeace

AlexPeace Active Member

Yes it is true "Beauty is in teh Eye of the Beholder" also everyone I beleive has beauty whether inner or outer,so Ugly is overerated or just a judgement,not reality.......
  15. ergo51

ergo51 Well-Known Member

No I'm not and should you want to ferret amongst my posts you'll find what a pain in the arse it can be. ( Easy for me to say eh?)

I'll illusrate, every word of this is true.

I once had a friend who was so beuatiful it was ridiculous. It was stupid. How easy it would have been if she had a black soul and a black conceited character through her beauty. ( I have been with several women like this and it makes thing easier in a way) It would have been a relief for all us guys who despite ourselves couldn't but melt in her prescence and fool ourselves that somehow she liked us. Ridiculous.

Every woman she came across hated her without reason. She was bullied and revered simutananeously. Every bloke who met her fell in love with her, she had no real relationships. I used to drive with her to college a long time ago and she'd tell me all about it and how unhappy it made her.

She would intentionally dress down but to no effect she was just to good to look at you could have smothered her with dung and still fallen for her.

I knew her boyfriend well and we'd chat over a smoke now and again ( a stunningly beautiful guy himself) who, to put it bluntly couldn't go near her without exploding ( I'll let you fill in the blanks, sorry to be crude).

And what did I do despite knowing all of this? Fall in her love her of course. Poor cow.
  16. physician

physician Well-Known Member

nope, am pretty :cool:
  17. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

If someone judges you before they know you, forget them.
  18. starchild

starchild Well-Known Member

The question should really be; do you THINK you are ugly?

In which case I would say, yes I think I am...even though other people say I'm not. I can honestly say I'm more than often scared of my own reflection.
  19. jam1e

jam1e Guest

I seem popular with the ladies so i presume i must be to a degree:dry:

I don't think i'm ugly, but i also think i'm far from good looking to?:blink:
  20. plates

plates Well-Known Member

yeah i think i'm gorgeous as to how i've grown the past year or so and it wouldn't have happened without someone who knows who he is....

i told my mother, there's a difference between someone growing and developing and something absolutely magical happening, and someone like my sister or people generally i see around a lot, blindly and desperately, trying to place things in a different position in a still/stagnant picture (a bit like a front room, moving around furniture) in an effort to create something more pleasing. i can see through all that and it frustrates me. i see it all the time.
    there's a difference between that, and seeing something a blossom, wilt, live, die, grow, sing, scream, whisper, howl. there's life in song, there's life in things moving. it's like children. they are growing, i've always been drawn to them therapists say it's because i haven't lost what they have (now i understand that better). for example, all the things i find myself being drawn to, lets say certain clothes, all stem from something in the past.
    a tutor i got along with at my old course used to say i was 'organic'-everything i worked and all my work was something that was growing, something that shouldn't be interfered with, and how examiners would have a hard time assessing me- which is a lot like how i am, as a person, as human being and how i scream when i find people messing around with that. i suppose some people crave interference/fences and find security in that because a lot of systems out there first of all, demand that, congratulate you on being what they want you to be and people grow to be dependent on it. i just feel it stifling.

and life is 'ugly' and life is 'beautiful.' i am ugly and beautiful because i am alive. i will say 'ugly' and 'beautiful' things(depending how someone reacts or sees what i write and do). i will look like shit when i'm upset and dying and unwell and look beautiful when i'm feeling alive and well. it's part of being alive. i'm just developing so fast and moving in a direction which demands that people treat me with the love that i deserve as all too often in my life i think i've deserved pain and mistreatment because i know of nothing but pain, agony, "ugliness", and that i was "ugly/bad/horrible" myself. i know that isn't true. there's a difference between knowing about yourself, and not knowing about yourself. i think ugliness is not knowing about yourself and not willing to learn about yourself and the way things are like out there. i think ugliness is people trampling on life and dance and growth in face of a world that is full of feet crushing themselves and each other...
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.