Are your fears really that scary?

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Useless2D, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Useless2D

Useless2D Member

Everyone is scared of something. If your like most people your most likely scared of spiders. I am, or rather I was. Don't understand? I'll explain.:chin:

Since the day I was born I was terrified of spiders, I've no idea why, but I was.
    Living in a condo infested with them didn't help ether. I can clearly remember waking up in the middle of the night to be cover in them!:eek: (Fear Factor anyone?) This made my fears worsen to the point I would throw up at the sight of them. So how did I "concur" my fear? Simple! I picked one up. That's it. Literally, that's all I did...I picked it up and watched it crawl up and down my arm and tried my hardest not to flip out or squish it.:D Why would I do that one would ask well that's and easy answer. I was curious? Nope. I was bored. (As I most always am...) I started with picking up one spider, then every time I saw one I forced myself to ether pick it up or pet it...poke it? Sounds stupid, I know, but next time you see a spider just try and touch it and see if you can over come your fear the way I did. Remember this though Do not start small! Smaller spiders are more likely to be venomous.:irony:

2. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

Phobias are not based on logic. So to the person, yes it really is that scary.

Good on you for getting over it though.

3. Flying Fox

Flying Fox Well-Known Member

Having my blood drawn. It's more mental than anything. Even when I tell myself it doesn't hurt much, they still freak me out.