arg. I tried to help someone who just started cutting...

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by eih, Jul 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eih

eih Well-Known Member

I hate to see people in the begginging stages of SI cos I know it could get horrible.... i had just gotton back from the hospital the night before.. I had to get stitches in a few spots for my SI... anyway... at school the next day a girl I've known sense grade school.. not really a friend or anything.. we were in the same table and she was talking to everyone and she mentioned she started to cut last night for the first time.. arg... I decided to go up to her after class and try and give her some advise.. I felt kinda weird doign it sense I barely knew her... all I said was... you ok? then she ranted at me for a few minuetse bout her dad... then I told her to please not get into cutting.. please just stop now well you still can... then I said you don't wanna end up like me..

:unsure: I didn't know what to say... even though I've been a cutter for a while I still didnt know.. was I way outta line?... should I have just let her be.. Idk... sorry for the long story.. it's just bugging me..

2. TLA

TLA Antiquitie's Friend

I know it is hard to talk to someone you don't know. Don't you wish someone was there to warn or talk to us? Your heart pushed you to break the barrier.
    I applaud you for doing that. :clap: It is not only helping her, but next time she is in that bad place, hope that she remembers your words. :clap:
    :clap:

I asked myself the same thing, did I overdo it?....depends on how I felt afterwards (no matter what, it was a good thing). There is always a risk, most of the time it is worth stepping out for.

:wtg:

3. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

You weren't overdoing it. I don't think so anyway. Well done for talking to her... it prolly isn't easy and I dont know if I would have been able to do that.

TDM

4. eih

eih Well-Known Member

aww.. thanks for the nice words.. I'm glad I wasn't over doing it

5. Ashes

Ashes Member

no, i dont think you were out of line. if she listens to you, she'll appreciate it later on. we all secretly want someone to care, even if its a total stranger, dont we?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.