Argh....suggestions/comments? *possible trigger*

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by jameslyons, Dec 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I was very lucky in my own molestations as it didn't last that long. A lot of it is blurry and hazy in my memory as most things are for a 5-7 year old. As usual, it's not the act, but the action's long lasting, devastating effects on my life and ability to function in the world. Now that I'm 25, when seeking clarity and more importantly answers to child abuse---how do you go about confronting various memory variables?

How do you deal with the potential influence of the years between the event and time of confrontation?

For instance, at six years old, a neighbor girl and I played a very mature house game. One part of me remembers my sister and her sister catching us and then teasing us. Another variation suggests that our older sisters coerced us into playing that dirty game of house.

Any suggestions on how to discover that answer....

More importantly, how do you confront family members about possible abuse--especially when you don't have all the facts or knowledge..

God, I feel like a little kid again. What if I'm wrong? what if the few memories I have aren't accurate, or what if questions just tear my family apart. I don't want to seriously accuse anyone of doing something they didn't... but I can't stand the aftereffects of abuse without closure.

uhhh...One more really gross question. Statistics say that boys are more likely to be sodomized than girls. Do you think the after effects of a youthful sodomy attack could uh....hmmm...awkward... still be around after 18 years? Like prostate pain, etc...?
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2008
  2. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

I think you could possibly get to the truth and found the real memories. It's tough though since over the years the memories would of been locked away and then to add to that, when you did start thinking about them logically, other types of thoughts and questions would be branched off from that initial question. So basically it becames a maze.
  3. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Yeah , it's one long ugly maze :)

Thanks for the response.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.