Argh!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSpaceBound

I honestly don't think I can carry on, my mind is frazzled. I have too many racing thoughts, especially after social events. I'm out of touch with reality and there is no point in me being alive if I can't interact with people.

windlepoons

Yes there is, you can still be useful without being able to interact normally. You can do voluntary work, the world will be a slightly better place because of you even if others do not acknowledge your input.

lotte

Of course there's a point, you just don't know what it is yet. Don't give up! Do you have a physicatrist or a trusted friend you could talk to? That might help.
Hope you feel better!

MrSpaceBound

I'm currently undergoing CBT, I have no friends whatsoever. I have my brother who I know is there for me, but I can't be a burden forever. I feel I have done my bit on earth to be honest, I have served my purpose.

lotte

Maybe there's a whole lot of purpose left that you don't know about yet. Maybe after you're given a certain medication, your mind will start functioning 'normally' and you'll start seeing potentional in yourself. This might sound corny and cliched, but if you believe that you have a purpose/ place in this world, it suddenly becomes easier to find one. If CBT isn't that affective, there are many other therapys you can try, just start researching. :)

MrSpaceBound

I've only recently started it to be honest, I have no idea if it will have an affect on me. At 23 years old, I just feel I'm miles behind everyone else in life, still studying for my degree when most people my age graduated 2 years ago.

lotte

I have social anxiety disorder so I don't have any friends, have racing thoughts, and can barely say hi to people I know without getting nervous and shakey. I have the social skills of 5 year old and its so hard for me to talk to anyone other than my therapist and parents. What helps me the most is writing out all of my feelings as if I were talking to someone that didn't understand. It helps me better understand myself and makes me feel less lonley. Maybe writing down your thoughts would help clear things up for you?

MrSpaceBound

Yeah social anxiety disorder is what I suffer from too, but you probably guessed. I write a lot of my feelings down into poems and it helps for a while but then I realise I still have these problems. A list may just put more emphasis on things, I dunno.

lotte

Getting a therapist that you're comfortable with is really important. Once I found the right one (though it did take a few years) I was able to start healing and understanding the cause of all of my anxiousness. Just don't give up now, and don't be too hard on yourself either. I hoped what I'm saying helps at least a bit and remember, you're not alone! If me replying back to what youre saying is bothering you, just let me know and I'll stop. If you want to keep talking thats great too!

MrSpaceBound

No it's not bothering me, I am very appreciative of your kind advice. I suppose all I really need right now is someone to talk to and you have been kind enough to respond, so thank you.

MrSpaceBound

Yes it definitely is easier, but I would love to be able to talk to new people with confidence like I can on a forum. I'm not too bad one on one, but get me in a room with more than one person and I just break. Which part of the world are you from? if you don't mind me asking.

MrSpaceBound

I live in England, in a city called Manchester. I've been to the US a few times but not to anywhere near Ohio I don't think. I've been to Vegas and Florida but I assume they are quite far from where you are.

MrSpaceBound

Lol I will admit it is a nice country to visit if you come to the right places. The accents vary so much, some are good and some are bad. I consider mine good :D. Do you use msn?

Hi there,

I just wanted to let you know that we are here for you :hug: Also, if you need anyone to talk to or need anything at all you can PM me anytime.

Hang in there xx

lotte

Hhhmmmm... I'm trying to think of something else to say but I'm just not sure what you want to talk about. I don't know any good jokes, so that's no good...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00