Arghhhh

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Butterfly, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Started Citalopram about a week ago. Think side effects are starting to hit me. I have had next to no sleep all week and I feel so low today. Like I could just end everything (but I won't) but the feeling of frustration is just constantly there. How long do these side effects last? Is it side effects or just me?

2. ali 56

ali 56 Well-Known Member

I was on citalopram for about 18 months, they take some time to kick in and work. I am now on mirtazipine and personally I think these meds are better as you take them just before you go to bed and at least you can get some sleep. If you are not happy go back to your GP as sleep deprevation just makes you feel very crappy and it's hard to stay focused. Ali

3. plshelpme

plshelpme Well-Known Member

I just started buproprion in November...3 different major side effects lasted one week, 4 weeks, and 6 weeks...but after they went away, I've been doing amazing!!!

do your best to take the drugs at the same time each day...give it a few weeks...it'll be worth it!

4. Butterfly

I know they take some time to work and I am willing to give it a go. I just feel so crappy and really need some sleep. I am going back to see her Monday as I think she wants to see me weekly as she was worried about my self harming and thoughts. She's not referred me to psych yet but I think counselling could be on the cards too.

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

dam sorry side effects are getting to you i know after about a week i was feeling better sometimes it takes up to 6 weeks before the full effect kicks it
    Glad you are seeing your doc soon though so can keep on top of these reactions hugs to you hang on okay.

6. Butterfly

Thank you hun. Hanging on :)

7. Nima

Nima Well-Known Member

I"m glad you started a medication route for yourself. But don't let this get you down don't be depressed we can really help you here at SF let us be your guide to help and wellness and rebuke the devil that is feeding you this evil thoughts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.