Arguments...Wrongdoing....

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by brknsilence, Apr 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brknsilence

brknsilence Well-Known Member

Not sure why but every time I'm in an argument with someone or someone points out something I'm doing wrong, I think about suicide. Just keep thinking maybe it's best I'm no longer here.

Got into an argument with my husband last night. Everything is fine now. I spend the night sleeping on the couch but my mind kept thinking of how much I have been failing. Suicide crossed my mind but couldn't go further with it since I'm pregnant. Just feel stuck and tired with my thoughts.

Just wish my mind would stop thinking of ending my life every time I get into an argument with someone (even strangers) or someone tells me if I'm doing something wrong. So exhausted.

2. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I'm sorry you feel this way hun. Suicide is not the answer, and I'm happy that at least your pregnancy is keeping you here.

Can you talk to your therapist about it? Sometimes suicidal thoughts can be linked to an anxiety response, (flight or fight) and suicide being the ultimate flight... that's what I was told at least... it's something you need to work on, you deserve to feel a lot better than this *hugs*

brknsilence likes this.
  3. brknsilence

I can try to talk to her. I also need to talk to my husband about it too. I don't like being like this and with his best friend who does psychiatry, we may talk to him as well. Maybe something might help. I don't know but will try.

4. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I'm happy to hear you're willing to try. You deserve to feel better than this, you truly do!

brknsilence likes this.
  5. brknsilence

6. lifetalkz

lifetalkz Well-Known Member

In hopes that it might help you understand what you're going through-I'd like to share a past experience that I had with you. I used to react exactly the same way when I found myself arguing with someone I cared about. When we couldn't come to an agreement I always felt terrible, like I just wanted to be gone and end everything. I eventually realized that it had a lot to do with my self-esteem.
    I wanted people to agree with me and approve of me-very badly in fact.

When someone didn't agree with how I felt I believed that it meant that my feelings were wrong or bad. In truth my feelings were different from theirs-not worse than or inferior to. No two people see things exactly the same-no matter how much they might care about one another. I don't take it personally anymore when I have a disagreement with someone-they are entitled to their opinion, just like I am. I hope that my story can help you-even if its just a little bit. And I hope that the situation gets better for you very soon.

brknsilence likes this.
  7. brknsilence

Thanks - still working on not taking things personally when I get into arguments. It's hard but still trying

8. Inspire&Inquire

Inspire&Inquire SF Supporter

I have never entered into an argument where someone wins. Let your husband or whomever you are in an argument with how you feel about it.

brknsilence likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.