Arm of Love - by Jesus

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by sudut, Mar 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

You are to help to save others. Never let one day pass when you have not reached out an arm of Love to someone outside your home - a note, a letter, a visit, help in some way.
    Be full of Joy. Joy saves. Joy cures. Joy in me. In every ray of sunlight, every smile, every act of kindness, or love, every trivial service - Joy.

Each day do something to lift another soul of the sea of sin, or disease or doubt into which man has fallen. I still walk today by the lakeside and call My disciples to follow me and to become fishers of men.
    The helping hand is needed that raises the helpless courage, to struggle, to faith, to health. Love, Laugh. Love and laughter are the beckoners to faith and courage. trust on, love on, joy on.

Refuse to be downcast. Refuse to be checked in your upward climb. Love and laugh. I am with you. I bear your burdens. Cast your burden upon Me and I will sustain thee. And then in very lightheartedness you turn and help another with the burden that is pressing too heavily upon him or her.

How many burdens can you lighten this year? How many hearts can you cheer? How man souls can you help?
    And in giving you gain: "God measure, pressed dwon, and running over." I your Lord have said it.
  2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

This pretty much explains why I keep coming back here. You have to help people, especially during their difficult times. That was a very nice prayer. Thanks for posting it. :smile:
  3. Entoloma43

Entoloma43 Well-Known Member

That entire thing contradicts most of the stuff contained in the Old Testament.
  4. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

This is lovely :heart:
  5. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

There's no evidence in the Bible that Jesus ever smiled, never mind laughed. He was even grumpy with Mom when doing the water into wine thing. Either the authors of the Bible didn't consider it important or he, well, never did it.

So, where does that business about...

...come in?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.