Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Insignificant, Jan 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

what more can i say at the moment then that my life is totally falling apart. i'm trying so desperately to keep it together, but i'm finding this to be the utmost challenge at this point. i guess i will share what has me so disturbed at this point.

as the title says i was arrested just a few days ago, but i figure to share the story with you so you have a little understanding as to where i'm coming from.

i was in a little fender bender at the store, and because it was on private property the police didn't have to get involved. but the lady i hit insisted that they were involved. so she flagged them down. the officer took all our information and exchanged it between the lady and myself and he let her go. i had to stay there so he could write me a ticket. this is where it all really started to come apart.

when he ran my license he found out that my license had been cancelled which i don't recall this. so now i was in trouble for driving without a license. next came the big news. there was a warrant out for my arrest. the warrant was issued in another county that i have nothing to do with. i asked him what the charge was on the warrant. he said it was a failure to appear (in court) charge. pleading i asked him what was it i had done in the first place that i was suppose to go to court for. cause honestly i hadn't done anything at least in that county. well he couldn't answer that question. he guessed that it was an unpaid ticket. i didn't recall getting any ticket.

anyways yesterday when i researched this unpaid ticket i supposedly got i found out i did have a ticket but not in that other county like he 'guessed' i had. i had it in the very county i live in. i still don't recall receiving the ticket. so now i'm back confused as to what i had supposedly done that i was suppose to go to court for.

heres the thing. when a person is arrested here in the states by law the police are suppose to share every detail of the charges against you, and they did not do this for me.

i'm a very simple person. this must remain simple or i become overwhelmed and begin to break down. well, things are anything but simple at the moment. i'm stressed out to the max. i'm really feeling screwed at this time. there is so much to do, and i dont have all the means of dealing with all this. here's the kicker i'm going through this mostly alone. i don't have anyone to talk to about this. i have my friends that bailed me out of jail but that's not exactly the type of relationship where i can just call them up to talk about it. i have no one, and i'm breaking down. i do and don't know what to do anymore. i do know what to do, but at the same time i feel so overwhelmed i'm not sure what to do.

i'm sorry to of gabbed your ear off hear. i will let you go. please take care
  2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Slow down and try very hard to take it one thing at a time. I know it is all so overwhelming with it all hitting the proverbial fan at once. But now you have the time to take 1 thing and thoroughoy go over it. Keep picking away at it 1 item at a time. I know, easier said than done. But you have to remain focused so that you can become calm. Glad that you turned to your friends in the forum to vent. The members will always be here and sometimes it's much easier to share your feelings here than face to face with your "real" friends. Good luck.
  3. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Not sure if you have them in the states, but over here in UK we have Citizens Advice and Legal advice places. If you have either get yourself down to them and explain what happened, they will be able to advice you on what to do.
  4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

There is legal Aid available in the states if you qualify. I am sorry you are going through this hardship right now. Don't panic. It may be that you have to pay the fine for whatever the ticket was issued for. You will know in a few weeks time and we are here to support you through whatever it is you need.
  5. danni

danni Chat Buddy

hey hun i remember i called u telling me this and i'm glad ur friends help you out, u know where to find me if u need anything hun :hug:
  6. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

well, here's an update. i've figured everything out, and i want to say most of this is manageable but i still have court to face here in just a few weeks and i'm scared as hell about it. thanks for all your advise. i'll keep it all in mind. take care
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.