Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by daredhead, Dec 8, 2008.

1. daredhead

daredhead Well-Known Member

My sister won't leave me alone. No matter what, she's there, mocking me. She's only ten, and she thinks she has all the answers.

She just came up to me and asked why I wasn't in the mental hospital when I was obviously crazy. No one hears her, so she is never punished.

She keeps trying to tell me what to do like a little kid, but I'm five years older than her for crying out loud! She's been like this ever since I got out of the hospital for the first time, and it's driving me looney.

I want her to stop. I ask her to, but she just says: "Go lie down, you're acting crazy again. You don't want me to tell mom do you?" That is a direct quote, I wrote it down.

She is bossy and rude to me, like I am dumb. I am most certainly not dumb. I am a very intellectual person, and I have a hard time dealing with my ten year old sister trying to control me.

Any advice?
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Daredhead,

My advice to you would be just to ask her to be polite. She is only 10, she will eventually grow out of it. She probably doesn't realize what sort of effect she is having on you. :hug:

I'm around if you need to talk :hug:
  3. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Perhaps that is true but also from my own experience, kids can be very cunning and smart. They can act or play dumb and yet they know what there doing.
    Anyways ask her again to not say such things and ask her how she would like it if you said hurtful things to her.