arrrgh.. hate people that take advantage

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by frustrated_plank, Jun 29, 2015.

1. frustrated_plank

frustrated_plank New Member

Twentieth birthday was yesterday.... spent the whole morning crying because I am not where I want to be in life. And never imagined to be in this situation.
    I went out to dinner later on, In the evening with the family I work for.They offered to pay for dinner since it was my birthday.
    I never asked for any of this, and although it might seem really nice, I felt there was an ulterior motive. Well.. I was right. This morning I was met with a list of demands that were frankly ridiculous. I think people take advantage of me cuz I am in desperate situation, and I think I am such a nice person. I never say no cuz I don't like confrontations.
    I hate my job... and I feel like escaping. Events like this, act like a trigger and I usually feel extremely emotional afterwards.
    Can't wait for things to change!!!!!

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I too let people take advantage of my kind nature until recently, I fell out with a friend who was constantly asking for money for cigs, things like that. (I have spoke about her in the chat room) she is a scrounger and uses people so fuck her. I am too good of a person to be her friend. I deserve better.

Easier said than done, you need to put your foot down and say no and even tell them what you just said here that you believe they had an ulterior motive.

Kind people do get taken advantage of often, sometimes too trusting, too caring and too nice to say the word we despise using which is NO!!

I hope you feel better about this soon :hugs: