article on suicide *possible trigger*

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by on my own, Sep 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. on my own

on my own Well-Known Member

okay, first off all I want to say that if this is over the edge on what can and can not be posted on here, I'm sorry. Staff, please check this topic over and feel free to take out anything. I know this topic is edgy.

anyway; I translated the article I was reading earlier, I tried to filter out all the methods as I was translating and anything that might upset people on here. I DO NOT GUARANTEE THERE'S NOTHING THAT MIGHT TRIGGER. so please, be save while reading this. I just thought it would be interesting to discus this article.

all these numbers are based on dutch numbers. what might be interesting to keep in mind is that the netherlands is about the size of new jersy and has 16 million people living in it.

I just kinda wanna know what you guys think of this article. I had my doubts with about everything said in the first part (the interview) but the rest seemed to be pretty reasonable. also, the results from the poll were quite interesting.

for example, why are you allowed (at least, in the netherlands, remember, this article is from a dutch science magazine) to commit euthanasia but not suicide? (by law) where exactly do you make a difference between physically ill and unable to recover and mentally ill and unable to recover, is there even a difference? in both cases the pain is unbarable.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2007
  2. ybt

ybt Guest

Mick, honestly no offense, but this is an indirect method - it is true that you have taken out a method, yet now anybody can search for the article using key words and find it, and hence find the methods, and thus I think this thread should be altogether deleted.
  3. on my own

nope, it's not. the original article is in dutch, comes from a magazine published early this year. besides; it's nothing people don't know yet spared maybe one.
  4. Kinetic

Kinetic Well-Known Member

I really wanted to know what method is used more often can't you pm to me or something, its not a trigger at least not to me I'm just curious
  5. on my own

I checked with a mod; I cant give it... sorry
  6. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Kinetic, methods aren't allowed to be given here, even if you feel they're not gonna trigger you.
    Mick's edited out the methods for a reason - to not trigger people, and to keep within the rules, which states that SF is pro-life, and methods aren't to be given here, as it's actually illegal.
  7. Kinetic

Kinetic Well-Known Member

Yes I understand although I don't think it would be a trigger, I mean it woud be if they gave a distinct characterization of the methods
    But thanks for tellling me
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.