As I walked through my small town

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Brilliant keep it up and you will get fit too, I am using a treadmill currently and cannot yet do 30 mins in one go but hey 20 mins is better than nothing and I can keep getting better and so can you! I wish you all the best, do you practise meditation?

Brian777

Safety and Support
SF Artist
SF Supporter
Hey Mpk, just wondered if you went to the meeting with the intern yesterday and if it was any help to you.
Brian

mpk

Hello Brian. The meeting was for my son in law to try to get a job as intern. It helped me in that I got out of the house. Still feel kind of in the dumps, not so bad today yet can't shake this feeling.
Hope you are well.

Brian777

Safety and Support
SF Artist
SF Supporter
Hi Mpk okay I understand now. I thought it was some kind of therapy. Glad you're feeling better than yesterday, I am too, not as anxious.....so far. But still far from normal.

mpk

I wish I could get into therapy yet even sliding scale here is 90.00 to 120.00 per session, can't afford it.
My wife's white blood count is bad and liver enzymes are out of wack. She is running a fever, Doctor does not know what it is. One more stressor to add to my pile.
Good that you are doing better today. Hope that this maybe the turning point for you.

Brian777

Safety and Support
SF Artist
SF Supporter
Oh no my friend, I'm sorry to hear this, you have enough to deal with, without another problem. It seems to be that way when you're having problems, others come out of the blue. I wish you could get into some kind of therapy at least to get some direction. Petal mentioned to me about local support groups for depression/anxiety, I didn't find anything around here yet. Have you checked in your area, maybe this would be a start, sometimes just meeting with others dealing with similar problems can help. If I get through this, I'm going to see if there is somewhere I can volunteer to help. I now know what it's like to feel like we do and the thought of people suffering like this with nowhere to turn is just wrong. There's no way that after working all your life you should be left in this position, when I think of all the money(our taxes) the government wastes on bs projects and sending it all over the world it angers me.

Brian777

Safety and Support
SF Artist
SF Supporter
Btw, someone posted yesterday about antihistamines and anxiety, can't remember who. But anyway, I went and got some basic Benadryl and took 25mgs last night. The best nights sleep i had in months and also lessened my anxiety.
It may be worth a try.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Btw, someone posted yesterday about antihistamines and anxiety, can't remember who. But anyway, I went and got some basic Benadryl and took 25mgs last night. The best nights sleep i had in months and also lessened my anxiety.
It may be worth a try.
I think that was I who suggested that as I also took anti histamines yesterday, they won't cure you but will take the edge off and glad you got a decent nights sleep.

Brian777

Safety and Support
SF Artist
SF Supporter
I think that was I who suggested that as I also took anti histamines yesterday, they won't cure you but will take the edge off and glad you got a decent nights sleep.
That's right Petal, now I remember.....THANK you :) I know it's not a cure, but was very helpful in getting the first decent sleep in months.

mpk

Thanks Brian and Petal. I will try Benadryl tonight and see if it helps me sleep. I have been taking melatonin yet that only makes me drowsy and does not provide a good sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00