As if I wasnt stressed enough, lol

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Isa, Dec 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isa

Isa Well-Known Member

Things have been manic lately.

My Dad is having problems with his head, like tinitus. (He hears a car alarm going off permenantly, very loudly, all the time). Its been going on about a year, his mental health is also very bad, and he became an alcaholic.

He detoxed 6 weeks ago but this week left his wife, moved in with my sister (didnt tell anyone else where he was) and started drinking again.

Hes been suicidal for months but day before yesterday tried to kill himself (but my sister came home cos I phoned her and then my mum phoned him and talked to him for a few hours, which is weird cos theyve been divorced 8 years and only spoken like 6 times since then, but then they were best friends so I guess it helped)

Yesterday he phoned and spoke to my mom for 2 hours around 7 pm during which time he said he had arranged to go back into the psychiatric unit over christmas at 10am this morning.. When she hung up to go and get food he was fine. Called back 30 minutes later incoherant, unable to finish sentences, crying and very confused. Begging to speak to his mum.

So my mum phoned his mum (my grandma) and she phoned him and he said he wouldnt live til 10 am. My grandma phoned the psychiatric ward and they said they wouldnt admit him that night because hed been drinking, but would we like them to send an assessment ambulance round.

Grandma phoned me for my opinion and I said yes but when she went to phone the psychiatric ward to say yes my mum phoned my sister (who had just got home because, again, i asked her to go home) and she sounded very frightened and just said ‘yes’ when my mum asked her if she should phone 999.

The psychiatric unit meanwhile said (to my grandma) that they couldnt send the ambulance (quick change of mind much?).

We phoned my cousin (Chris) who went to my sisters to make sure she was okay / to help out.

The ambulance arrived and Dad talked to the paramedics and then we got a text from Jemma (my sister) saying that my cousin Chris was going to drive Dad to the psychiatric unit. (As Chris is a police man we figured he knew a way to get dad admitted that we didnt know about).

He was admitted at 12.30 and they asked Jemma and Chris to leave.

Just got a phone call (7.30 am) saying he got out (dont know if this means escaped or was let out by morons) and went to fees (his wife that he left this week) and she had him arrested. He is now in the police station and my aunt and cousin chris have gone to the station.

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Wow Isa. Things really sound messed up there. It is sad that when someone is asking for help, it is refused I am sorry you are having to deal with that extra added stress. I hope things get worked out soon, for your sake. :hug:

3. Isa

Isa Well-Known Member

Right hes in the psychiatric ward now.

Thanks for replying GL *hug*

But I find it seriously worrying / annoying that the crisis forum gets like 1 reply when spam posts get like 13 replies in a day. (news & announcements / coffee house)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.