1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ashley Fettuccine's Story

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Ashley Fettuccine, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Ashley Fettuccine

Ashley Fettuccine Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, this is my first time being on a forum, so I'm a little nervous, but it's cool. So, here is my story: Four or five years ago, my grandparents and I (I've always lived with my grandparents, my mother had me at a very young age, and my dad is just a really bad person) were kicked out of the house that we lived in and we had to move in with my grandmother's mom and dad, my great-grandparents. A year or close to two afterward, my great-grandma passed away, and I could tell that my grandmother and my great-grandfather, Papa, were devastated over the loss and I don't think they've ever been the same since then. Flash forward to April of this year, my mother and stepfather have lost their house, and they have five kids, and a sixth one on the way.

So, my grandparents and I are doing everything in our power to try and help them out in any way we can, and that means that we take in two of my siblings, the 10-year-old and seven-year-old. I love my siblings, and I would do anything for them, and so I didn't mind it if anything it made things less lonely for me in the house since none of my family talks to one another. I have always felt, since this whole movement began four or five years ago, that my family never really listened to me or cared enough about me. They never truly understood what I was going through and it contributed to my problems. I have bad anxiety; I can worry about anything on my body and ultimately think that I have some terminal illness. I have a therapist who helped me the first couple of months I had her, but now everything is chaotic.

Recently, my house had a flea infestation, and it still does. On Monday, we had the house sprayed, and we thought that it was cool, but I still keep getting bit and my family doesn't believe me or take me seriously. I show them my bites, but since it hasn't happened to them since the house has been sprayed, it's none of their concern. I did everything I could to my room: I vacuumed, washed my sheets 3 or 4 times, sprayed my room with chemicals, all of that. It's even gotten to the point where I think they could be living in my hair or even my body. I'm so paranoid all the time, and I don't know if I can handle it anymore.

I have always felt like I wasn't listened to by my family and this whole situation is just like icing on the cake and blew my top. It's hard, to say the least. I have a boyfriend and we've talked about my situation, and he cried...he cried so much and he said that I made a difference in his life and to the kids that I took care of at the daycare center that I worked at...he didn't want me to die. Everything just seems so repetitive at this point and I don't know what to do anymore. Thank you for reading my long post, if you got this far.

2. gypsylee

gypsylee SF Supporter

Hi @Ashley Fettuccine and welcome to SF

I’m here because I get bad anxiety too. It’s horrible. Sounds like you have health anxiety and I can understand the flea infestation being disturbing for you :confused:

I hope you like it here and find some help.

AsphyxiateOnWords likes this.
  3. Paisley

Paisley a pattern made of minty teardrops SF Supporter

Hey, welcome to the forums. I'm currently living through a bedbug infestation, so the part of your story about fleas really hit home with me. I've been told to expect bedbug activity until the second spray of my apartment. I'm not sure if it's the same for fleas or not. I totally get how disturbing this sort of thing is. You can talk to me about it if you like.

Ashley Fettuccine likes this.
  4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Seeing is Believing Forum Pro SF Supporter

Welcome aboard. Fleas suck. I am the only one in the house that gets bit when we have a pet with fleas. It is no fun. are the pets on your house flea free?

5. Ashley Fettuccine

@DrownedFishOnFire I actually don't have pets. We have stray cats in my neighborhood and we used to feed them so they gravitate around my house. My brothers came to live with me for a month and they would go play outside. When they came inside one time, they brought fleas with them.

6. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Seeing is Believing Forum Pro SF Supporter

Usually fleas dont bother people. I do believe you have more advantage of using natural products like Rosemary and lemon/orange sprays. Tea tree oil since you have no pets and they are toxic to cats.

I applied tea tree oil in my shampoo and left a cotton ball with the scent in my drawers where the cats cant get to them and under my mattresses it did help me stay flea free til they completely went away.

Good Luck there Ashley

Geist likes this.
  7. Ashley Fettuccine

Thank you, I'm gonna go buy some tea tree oil and put it in my shampoo and see how it goes, same with the drawers and mattress.

DrownedFishOnFire and Geist like this.