Ask for help they say

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by na-taya, Apr 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. na-taya

na-taya Well-Known Member

I had it drilled into me to ask for help she I feel horrible and I don't normally do it because I don't wanna burden anybody especially my case manager as i know how many people she has to deal with

But a few weeks ago I called her asking for help because I've been so close to breaking point. So she has been getting mental health to call me on weekend if i need it. She then arranged a psychiatrist appointment for me and I had to wait 4 weeks to get it and it was today.........

And nothing no help nothing I left feeling worse and more fragile than when I went it. No anti depressant or anything I'm not sleeping and when I do get a long sleep i have nightmares.

How am I ment to hold on when I was holding on to get help from this appointment. Why ask for help when you get nothing. So now the battle continues with just the fight left in me. I don't have much left im beyond weak and beyond tied.
  2. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I am so sorry the appointment didn't go as you wanted it to.
    Did they tell you why they didn't give you any medication?

Don't give up hun, this is not the last stop. Keep reaching out to your case manager, she sounds like a very caring and helpful person and I am sure she will keep fighting for you to get the help you need and deserve.

Maybe talk to your doctor about sleep aids? that's something at least
  3. na-taya

He didn't say why he wouldn't.....I need up getting agitated and asking to leave because I couldn't sit there any longer and ask for help and her rejected it take so much for me to ask for help in the first place and I wouldn't ask unless I was desperate for it.

He said he's gonna write a letter to my gp as I have the clinic permission ages ago to communicate with each i doubt it

I broke down in the car with my case manager in the way home and she sat in the appointment with me and was a bit baffled about the result herself.....she said she is gonna talk to him and try come back to me with a plan of action when I see her next.

I'm tied im tied of holding on for the next appointment I feel like I'm spinning my wheels and going nowhere and its been that way for ages.

He had all my notes and even spoke to my case manager before hand and she wouldn't of made the appointment if she didnt think I needed it.......

So I just don't know what to do or were to go from here. I feel so defeated in more ways than one
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

*big hugs* I am so sorry you didn't get the response you hoped for. Did you ask any direct questions? Did you tell him you weren't sleeping and think you need medication?
    It is baffling, could it be that they want you to try other things before starting medication? I'm so sorry. I know you were counting and depending on this appointment. I am always here for you ((hugs))
  5. ThePhantomLady

Let your case manager make the appointments you need, let her help you. It will work out in time. I know it hun.

*hugs you*

I know it's not as effective as actual sleep aids but maybe you should try things like Baldrian (a herbal medicine that has a soothing effect) while you wait?
  6. na-taya

I told him everything that's been going on the last month mentally if not longer nightmares lack of sleep the fact almost twice a week i end up hysterical because I am fighting so hard not to end it all......

I didn't really ask question because once i realised I wasn't gonna get help i shut down and I'll i could think about was getting out of that room and wondering why i even bothered to ask for help in the first place.

It's not even about meds i mean yes they will prob help me get out of this head space I havnt been able to get myself out of for a few months now and its not like i went straight for med i tried all I know first but it just didn't work.

I will have a look on Friday for natural sleep aids here because tomorrow I'm out all day with my peer support worker so won't get time to head to the shops.

I donno if she is gonna make another appointment u less its just with her but we shall see how that goes i guess......

I really am just so tied and my next event of sitting on the edge I'm not sure how long I'll be able to hold on for I have become so weak over the last few months.

I just don't know what to do with myself :, (
  7. na-taya

@Petal @ThePhantomLady even tho its 8.30 at night and I def know my cm is not working she just sent me a text off the work phone saying

Sorry about today and I didn't get back to you earlier, I had a good chat with the Dr and we have agreed in a plan and its looking good we shall talk about it next week

So I'm not sure what that means but I guess i will find out on Wednesday but that's a whole week away so I need to find ways to recast and try and rejuvenate myself so if anything comes up I know I'll be strong enough to make it thro.
  8. ThePhantomLady

That sounds very good hun!
  9. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

It does sound good :) I hope you get the care and treatment you require in the meantime SF is here for you *hugs*
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.